Trying to Get Pregnant

Please diagnose me.....

Since my doctor doesn't seem to want to.

I've been off BCP for 15 months having only about 6 ovulatory cycles.  Finally my doc took my blood and found out I was Hypothyroid.  Now at least I'm ovulating on my own, but my cycles are 40-50 days long!!  Then my doctor says, it's unlikely I'll be able to get pg because I'm O'ing so late.  And when I ask her about my irregular cycles, she says my body is still adjusting after being Hypo for so long so I just have to wait.  Uhhh, how long is it supposed to take?  My cycles seem to be getting longer, not shorter too. 

Well, this was maybe more of a vent than a question.  But if anyone has any advice (besides finding a new doctor which I've already booked for the end of Sept)....I'd love to hear it!!!

Re: Please diagnose me.....

• My diagnosis is get a new doctor. It doesn't matter when you O as long as you do. Are you charting your cycles and/or using OPKs? If you know when you O then you can time it right. GL! 

Edit: Ok, sorry, I just noticed your chart, so obviously you are charting.  

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Go see a new DR. One who is willing to answer your questions!
  • Are you seeing an?endocrinologist?for your thyroid issues? I highly recommend it. I was very open with mine about TTC and he monitored me a little closer. He has also been very?vigilant?since my BFP since Hypo can effect your ability to maintain a pregnancy. It's not impossible, it's just a little hard and you need to make sure your meds are at the right level.?
  • I think I gave my current doctor the benefit of the doubt for way too long.  I just wish I didn't have to wait a whole month to see a new doctor!!  Good thing I have a busy schedule in Sept.

• I think the new dr. will be the best choice in this situation.  And you can definitely get pregnant no matter how late you ovulate. 

There are lots of reasons why you would ovulate later other than the hypo, and the lp spotting is less than ideal, I think.  Pregnancy can be achieved with both of these issues, however.  A pro active dr. needs to do bloodwork, we can't tell you what is wrong specifically, if anything.   GL!

• imagemkemily:

My diagnosis is get a new doctor. It doesn't matter when you O as long as you do. Are you charting your cycles and/or using OPKs? If you know when you O then you can time it right. GL! 

Actually from what I understand, Oing too late in your cycle can be a problem.  If you O too late your lining might not be thick or strong enough to hold on to a fertilized egg. (or something like that)

Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagefuturebabymama:
    Are you seeing an endocrinologist for your thyroid issues? I highly recommend it. I was very open with mine about TTC and he monitored me a little closer. He has also been very vigilant since my BFP since Hypo can effect your ability to maintain a pregnancy. It's not impossible, it's just a little hard and you need to make sure your meds are at the right level.

Yes, I am seeing an Endocronologist for the thyroid problems.  He pretty much got my levels where they need to be and when I ask him about my TTC issues, he says "it has nothing to do with your thryoid since those levels are in check" and that I need to go back to my OBGYN.

• imageNova726:
    imagemkemily:

My diagnosis is get a new doctor. It doesn't matter when you O as long as you do. Are you charting your cycles and/or using OPKs? If you know when you O then you can time it right. GL! 

Actually from what I understand, Oing too late in your cycle can be a problem.  If you O too late your lining might not be thick or strong enough to hold on to a fertilized egg. (or something like that)

Some drs say this, some say it doesn't matter.  It is debatable, apparently.  

Since several ladies on here have gotten pg. having o'd late, I'm leaning toward it doesn't matter, but it probably doesn't help.  

• imagejustinlovesme:
    imageNova726:
    imagemkemily:

Some drs say this, some say it doesn't matter.  It is debatable, apparently.  

Since several ladies on here have gotten pg. having o'd late, I'm leaning toward it doesn't matter, but it probably doesn't help.  

I've seen many girls get pg very late in their cycles too.  So when my doc didn't even give me a chance of being pg last time I saw her I was pretty annoyed. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"