Eco-Friendly Family
Options

NB stash question

I know it is early for me, but I am super excited about CDing and I have bought a few items already. I don't want to over do my NB/small stash, so I need some help here. I have:

24 orange-edged GMD prefolds (may end up using a lot of these as burp rags if baby grows out of them super fast)

2 XS thirsties

1 KL0 (purchased just to see it in person before I decide to spend more $)

2 XS Bumgenius AIO

2 Cricketts in Newborn+ size (though they are bigger, so probably won't fit right away)

3 Bummis Super Brite covers in Small (for the Cricketts and possibly yellow-edge prefolds if I buy any, assuming I like working with PFs once baby arrives)

My goal is laundry every 3 days. I am thinking I'll add a half dozen fitteds, maybe more. Is that too much? I also have a couple BG 3.0 one-sizes, but I know they don't really fit until 10-12 lbs.

Re: NB stash question

• Options

DEFINITELY 2-4 more nb covers

But everything else looks good ?:o)?

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

For an every 3 day stash (which is perfect IMO) you'll need about 9 more diapers. AIO or fitteds will probably round out the stash. Might I suggest XS Sposoeasy (our favorite AIOs) and very baby fitteds (our favorite fitteds). I've heard good things about Bububebe newborn fitteds as well as nanas bottoms I think they are called. Personally didn't try them though.

Also, 2-3 more covers would be good. Proraps were good for us, but I really liked the Thirstie XS covers. A tiny big at first (b/c she was only 5 lbs) but they worked and still fit her today! Imse Vimse makes nice covers.....the small is pretty big though, so I'd suggest the premie/nb size.

Oh, and I might suggest a wol cover or two. We really like the aristocrat soaker. It's heavy enough for night time, small enough for even a tiny tiny baby and yet VERY stretchy and will fit for a long time. Oh yeah, and it's the softest of all the wool covers I've tried!

And don't forget the little things like snappis, a wetbag or two and possibly a pail liner or pillow case/trash can for laundry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"