Pregnant after a Loss

Where will your baby sleep at first???

I was wondering what your plans are for the baby when it first comes home as far as sleeping arrangements are concerned.  Will it sleep in the bedroom with you, in it's room, or will you have a bed in the babies room?  I was lurking on 1st tri and someone's husband suggested they put a twin bed in the babies room because he needs his sleep and doesnt want to be woken up by the baby (I think I would slap my DH if he suggested this) but it got me thinking.  I planned on the baby sleeping in our room for a while, but I thought I would see what you ladies had planned. 

Re: Where will your baby sleep at first???

• We are going to have the baby sleep in our room for the first couple months prob.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *************************************************************************************** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are planning on trying to start him right in his crib.  Laying in bed I can see directly into his crib as our rooms are right across the hall from eachother.  Hopefully that works...if it doesn't we will keep the PNP in our room.
  • Loading the player...
  • Baby will def be in our room for a couple months. I dont want to have to walk across the hall 5 times a night to BF. DD stayed in my room when she was born too.

• Cradle in our room until he/she is 8 weeks... then nursery....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He'll be in the bedroom with us for the first few months. The nursery is upstairs
  • Our room for a while. I think we'll do one of those pack n plays that have the attachable bassinet and changing table, so it's all in one right there, were we can BOTH get up to get LO in the middle of the night!
  • We got the Arms Reach Co-Sleeper Mini to attach to my side of the bed.  He will stay in the the first  2 - 3 months and then into his nursery. 
  • PNP bassinet next to my side of the bed. at least for a while  no set plans on how long
  • He will go straight into the crib, but he is literally like 8 steps away from my bed. Our bedroom is very small there isn't room for a PNP or even a bassinet. If the nursery were further away or not so close I'd probably be more adamant on finding a way to have him in our room for a while.
  • He'll be in our room for a few months... probably 2-3, but we'll play it by ear. I'm thinking we'll just set up the crib in the sitting room in our bedroom since its large enough. The nursery is just too far away.
  • She will be in our room, right next to our bed for the first few weeks (at least). My friend is letting us borrow her co-sleeper, yay. Then she'll go to the nursery which is right next door. Then I plan on getting the video monitor so I can keep an eye on her right next to my bed.
  • PNP for a while in our room....not sure how long
  • We plan to get the Mini Co Sleeper and have the baby sleep in our room, next to my side of the bed for several months.  After those months, will relocate the baby to the nursery.  We do plan however to place the baby in the nursery for daytime naps/sleeping.  Will only be in our room for the nights.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"