Secondary IF
Options

How long did it take to concieve DC #1?

Just wondering how long it took for number one and if you had any treatments to help and if you want to share how long it is taking with number 2 and if you are taking any treatments for this TTC.

Me: Got pregnant our first try and concieved naturally. On cycle 10 and second cycle of Clomid.

Re: How long did it take to concieve DC #1?

• Options

Conceived ds second month of ttc, naturally. (we were shocked it is this difficult for #2)

Now I am onto almost 2 years of ttc#2 with only a miscarriage (a year ago) to show for it. I've had b/w, HSG, even laparoscopic surgery and they found stage IV endo. Now we are moving onto IUI+clomid in 2 months. 

• Options
    Conceived DS after 18 months of trying (3rd cycle of treatment). Conceived #2 after 9 months of trying (2nd cycle of treatment).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

conceived DS#1 on our HM (I was on the pill but had missed a few), DS#2 tried for 8 months, had annovulatory cycles took Clomid and got pregnant on our first month.

Now we are TTC#3 for 10 months, once again,  I am not ovulating and am our 3rd cycle of Clomid (3DPO today!).

We were shocked to have trouble getting pregnant the 2nd (and 3rd) time around, alot of people are and are totally unaware that Secondary IF is even possible.

• Options

I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 19 (she was born when I was 20), I wasn't married, wasn't ready for a child and not financially independant--so there was not TTC there.  But, I got my crap together really quick and here we are now.  (She is 17 today!!) 

My son, we tried for just about a year.  Just when I was getting ready to call RE, we got pregnant.  He is 2 & 1/2. 

• Options
    With DS, 18 months, but the third treated cycle. With this one, 10-11 months, but the third treated cycle again!
  • Options

21 months to get pregnant with DS (6IUIs and 2 IVF)

We have only been trying for a few months for #2, but have started with IVF so hopefully it will happen sooner for this one. 

• Options
    Actually trying, not just fooling around without protection it took us 10months and we were just thinking of giving up for awhile and going back on the pill. (thinking it wasn't time, yano?) We had talked to the Dr. about possible treatments but never went ahead. So in a sense Kai was a planned surprise lol. 
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    It took 8 months  of avid trying to conceive DD (without treatment) had a mc before the monthe right before DD was conceived.

We have been trying for over a year and had a mc again in jan.  This is my first cycle with treatment. I was dx with PCOS and insulin resistance so i am hoping the metformin and clomid work for us.  The RE is giving us three cycles on this plan and then we need to be more invasive.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

18 cycles for # 1 which included 3 rounds clomid, a HSG, and a HSC/LAP.

I am on my 2nd round of clomid for #2

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    JMayJMay member

TTC DD for 2 years - Found out I was PG a few days before I was supposed to start first round of Clomid.  Oops! 

This time, we've been TTC for 9 months.  3 rounds of Clomid haven't worked, now trying Metformin...

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options
    With #1 I went of BCP and got PG that 1st cycle off. This time around I have lost count...but about 2 years now and I am on my 2nd round of Clomid. I have been told it's "unexplained" IF.
    Jen, mom to Evan-6yrs and Ella-20 months
  • Options

We conceived DD on cycle 5 (the first with progesterone supplements).

We conceived #2 after 10 months of trying, including 2 miscarriages.  Once my underlying medical issues were diagnosed, that paved the way for #2--so far, so good...  

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker missed m/c 9/08 at 12 weeks missed m/c 1/09 at 8 weeks diagnosed Hashimoto's thyroiditis 5/09 diagnosed MTHFR 5/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We did nearly a year of testing before starting treatment for DS.  We conceived him on our first round of clomid.

TTC #2 we are 20 months in.  Did clomid with the OB which didn't work.  Now we are on injectibles with the RE.  We had a C/P in march.  HSG came back normal and I am due for a saline sonogram my next cycle to check out a polyp.  

• Options

For #1 it took us just under a year.  However, it included 2 rounds of clomid, and then straight to IVF after DH's SA.  I developed OHSS during the fresh cycle so i couldn't transfer anything and had to do a FET and that did the trick!  I was very fortunate that my Dr. didn't beat around the bush and we sought tx early because of my condition....didn't realize DH had one too!

Onto #2.....we haven't been using anything since we conceived #1.  I don't ovulate and his sperm suck, so "trying on our own" really won't work for us.  I am doing an FET this friday, but i had my consult for #2 in April.  It just took some time to get my tests done and have an outpatient surgery done. 

• Options
    My DS was concieved the first month off BCP...we were not even trying.  I'm not sure what is happening this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"