Cincinnati Babies

do you think this dress would be flattering

on a PG woman?  imagine a sash around the waist and tell me your honest opinion.  A friend of mine has picked this out for her BMs and I am hoping to be 5 or 6 months PG by then.  I am thinking that I will need to pay a ton to alter it to fit my body by then and the sash might not even go around my waist.  Also with the dress going around my belly, it will probably end up being shorter on me than on the rest of the BMs too and its already knee length!!!

Kristen & Mike 7/2005
Griffin 10/2007
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: do you think this dress would be flattering

• I think it would be a difficult fit because it's structured through the waist.  Would it be possible to order a dress with a similar neckline but with a less fitted waist?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMeg41208:
    I think it would be a difficult fit because it's structured through the waist.  Would it be possible to order a dress with a similar neckline but with a less fitted waist?

I agree.  Something with a higher empire waist that floats away from that point would be easier to not only alter, but you'll be more comfortable in it.  Even if it was a long dress that you just cut short (and you'd have some extra fabric to play with if need be).

• Loading the player...
  • imageMeg41208:
    I think it would be a difficult fit because it's structured through the waist. 

Agreed.

• Thanks ladies!  I don't want to be that bitchy bridesmaid that has to complain, but I definitely think I should say something before the dresses are ordered (which isn't for a while yet and I think i will wait until I know I will be PG).
    Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with the pp's.  Also, I think the sash is going to be icky on a pregnant woman.  Seems like it would just scream, "Look at my pregnant belly!"
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"