1st Trimester
Options

First Pre-natal Visit

DH and I went to our first appointment this morning.  We were just meeting with the nurse, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  It was great!  I had written a short list of questions to ask.  The nurse answered all of them, plus all of the new ones that came up while we were there.  She put me right at ease.  I am going to like working with her over the next 7 months.  She said that the doctor is also very laid-back, which is just what I need.  I like to think I'm relaxed, but DH just laughs when I say that.

My first concern was that I've been spotting since the day I thought I might be pregnant.  The nurse ordered an ultrasound for us.  We went this afternoon to have that done.  We got to see our baby!  We could see the tiny little heart beating at 170 beats/minute.  It was amazing!!!

They have given us an EDD of April 12, which was exactly the date I'd been guessing from The Bump's calculations.  I'm a numbers person and really wanted 4/12, not 4/11.  I'm a weird-o, I know.

Thanks for reading my post.  Baby blessings to all! 

Re: First Pre-natal Visit

• Options
    bb80bb80 member
    that's great! i have my first appt thursday and hope it goes just as well!
  • Options

imagebb80:
    that's great! i have my first appt thursday and hope it goes just as well!

My appt is Friday and I hope it goes smoothly like yours. My OB is who I have seen for annual paps and I kind of didnt like her THAT much then and im hoping she seems friendlier this time lol.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"