Success after IF

it's thrush :(

ugh!  well, all the pain I've been feeling in my BB's is from thrush. I got nystatin (sp?) cream.  What's the deal with it though? The pedi didn't explain anything to me about it...I'm assuming I have to wipe it off before BFing? Any other tips? When did it start feeling better?  I have to nurse in 20 minutes and I'm dreading it :(

Re: it's thrush :(

• Did they give you anything for the baby?  If he's not treated, you will just keep passing it back and forth.

Not sure about wiping the cream off.  I'd call them back in the morning. 

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Call your pedi and ask for an Rx to treat the baby too or you'll just pass it back and forth.  Clean the cream off before nursing and then clean yourself after nursing with a vinegar/water solution.  Try spending time in the direct sunlight topless as sun exposure kills the yeast.  Wash all clothing and towels in hot water and let them dry in the sun. 

Try kellymom.com for other treatments.

I had a HORRIBLE case of thrush that took over 3 months to get rid of.  What eventually worked for me included lotrimin (over the counter) spray, changing my breastpads with every nursing session, an aggressive round of Diflucan, and the vinegar/water solution washing.

Good luck, I know it's not fun.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry!  Glad you got checked out, though!
  • imageInACitySoNice:
    So sorry!  Glad you got checked out, though!

This.   As much as it stinks to have thrush, at least you are starting treatment and on the road to recovery!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"