North Carolina Babies

NBR: Where would you go?

Next year is our 5th anniversary and dh's 40th birthday. We've started talking about going on a big trip. More than likely this will be our last "big" trip for the two of us for some time. 

Where would you go?

Dh doesn't love the beach so yes tropical is nice but we would need to have excursions. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and loved it but I'm not sure I want to do that again. I want to go to Napa but he is not a big wine drinker.  I don't know if I want to go to Europe... I've thought about it but I'm afraid that would be out of our budget (I'm thinking less than $4K for everything).  NYC is also an option but I'm not sure we would want to do more than 4 days there.

Re: NBR: Where would you go?

• New Orleans, Vegas, San Francisco, Martha's Vineyard, Colorado, Charleston or Savannah, maybe some place in Mexico where you could go see some ruins or something.  My list of places to go is a million miles long.  :)
  • Two trips on our "just the two of us" list are to fly into Vegas and then drive to the Grand Canyon and see that too.  And fly into Oregon or Washington and take the Pacific Coast Hwy down to San Fransico and tour there.  I also like DC and if you're planning for the fall the North East is beautiful!
  • Loading the player...
  • When would you go?

Last summer DH and I had a wedding to go to in New Hampshire & made a vacation out of it. We spent a few days in Boston and then went up to Portland, ME. You could always go to Cape Cod while you are up that way. 

• We've recently been to Vegas, Colorado, Charleston and Savannah. 
    I have heard good things about San Francisco and San Diego...hmmmm.... keep them coming!

This trip will either be in December of '10 or possibly July. The fall is out for us.

• Depending on what time of year, I was thinking Vegas...we went there several times before we had DD and really liked it. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• If you end up going to NYC let me know, I just moved from there and can give you all sorts of things to do, place to go, restaurants, etc.
  • If you're looking to stay in the US, I second the others mentioned above.  I also lived in Manhattan and highly recommend it!  I also lived in SoCal for 7 years -- I would recommend San Fran over San Diego!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • San Diego, San Fran, Boston, Austin, Portland, Seattle, NOL, Chicago....my list is too long!!

Do you have any favorite things to do?  DH really wants to do a 'beer tour' across the US--go to cities that have his favorite brews and do a tour and tasting.

I really like to cook, so I'm always looking for food and wine festivals in places I want to visit. 

• If anything tropical was out, I would choose Seattle. Great restaurants, lots of things to do outdoors, Mt. Rainier is gorgeous and close by, etc. I love that city!

Or, have you thought about doing an Alaskan cruise. DH went on one before we got together and loved it. I want to go on one now, too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"