Baby Names
Options

Quentin or Quintin?

Which do you prefer.

I could imagine either name ending up with the nickname Quin. So in the regards Quintin makes more sense.

But I think I prefer Quentin.

Thoughts. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: Quentin or Quintin?

• Options
    Quentin, but maybe that's just because that's how my nephew spells his name.?
  • Options
    Does he pronounce it Quentin with an En sound like Ben. Or with an IN sound like Bin?
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Quentin.

I know a Catherine that has a NN as Kate. If you like Quin as a NN, I don't see a problem with the (e) spelling.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

definitely Quentin and Quin works fine with it

for some reason all I can think of with Quintin is quintuplets  :)

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
  • Options

This was one of our finalist names. The two most traditional spellings are Quentin and Quinton, with an O, not an i.

They are two different names. Quentin means "fifth," and Quinton means from the Queen's town.

Quentin is of Latin origin, and Quinton is English.

Lots of people pronounce Quentin and Quinton differently, like pen and pin, but I don't. Smile I'm from Eastern Kentucky originally.

Either way we were thinking of the NN Quin; however, in the States Quinn is becoming a unisex name which for me is a drawback.

GL.

• Options
    I prefer Quentin
  • Options

This is one of our final names...I'm torn because I like the spelling Quentin a lot better but I know his nn will eventually become Quin...and it would make more sense to use the Quintin spelling. With that being said I think we would go with Quentin because I like the way it looks better than Quintin.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    Quintin
  • Options

I think Quin works as a NN for Quentin -- it's Qu'in, with the in from the ending.  :)

I also vastly prefer the spelling Quentin to Quintin.  If you're going with Quin at the beginning, I'd spell it Quinton.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Quentin
  • Options
    My nephew spells his name Quentin; I've heard people call him Quen, but mostly just "Q."  I think Quentin is the better spelling!!
  • Options
    my cousin is quentin, but goes by quinn. i'm torn on this b/c i think quentin looks better, but it makes more sense to have the nn reflect the actual spelling... so i'm absolutely no help!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Quentin will be our kiddo's name if he's a boy, so I'm biased, but I vastly prefer it.  Quintin looks made up to me.   Many nicknames are spelled differently than their original name, so if you want to nn Quin, you still could.

FWIW, my dad's name is Quentin and he's never once been called Quin naturally, so if you want that to be the nn, you'll need to make it happen.

• Options
    I like Quintin but that may be because dh and I's friends spells their sons name that way.  Oh and we call him "Q" 
  • Options
    To me they are pronounced differently.  As PP said, do you want the first part to be Quen and sound like Ben or the first part to be Quin and sound like bin?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"