Multiples
Options

PNP vs. Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper

Hello Ladies...

I'm updating my registry and I've noticed a few comments about the PNP and the Arm's Reach. Is there one you think is better besides the weight capacity? I am so clueless! TIA! 

Re: PNP vs. Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper

• Options

i LOVE my arms reach cosleepers. We have 2 of the minis - we use angelcare monitors so do not have the babies sleeping together.

We used an armsreach cosleeper with DS1, too, and it was great- you don't have to get out of bed for every little thing... it's nice.

we have not set up our PNP yet - haven'th ad a need for it with the twins just yet- when they are sitting up on their own i think we'll set it up as a place to put them that is safe when we need to step out of the room- which is mostly what we used it for with DS1.

• Options
    We have both.  It depends what you want.  The Arm's Reach is great, but don't expect to have both babies in there, at least not too long.  We actually ended up seperating out twins early, because they would wake each other up.  So we had on in the PNP & one in the Arm's Reach.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We started with the Arm's Reach Original Co-sleeper. Our twins definitely could have shared it as long as we swaddled--which for them was 6 months. (If they weren't swaddled, they could have shared it for 2-3 months.) However, we quickly discovered that DH and I couldn't get decent sleep in the same room as the babies so we moved them to the crib in the nursery when they were only about 2 weeks old. (We had a bed in there and DH and I started sleeping in shifts--the "on-duty" parent would try to sleep in there part of the time, or in the recliner in the office w/the baby monitor.)

After that, we moved the co-sleeper downstairs and set it up as a free-standing bassinet and used it basically as a PnP down there--a place to set the babies for tummy time or play time or to separate them for naps when needed. A few months ago we sold it on CL and used the $$ to buy a PnP, which we use for traveling, as a playard, and plan to use the diaper changer and bassinet part for Baby #3. (Since I think for a singleton, it's a better/more versatile choice unless you really like the idea of the baby being at the exact same level as you for co-sleeping.)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for giving me your insight!! Greatly appreciated :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"