Houston Babies
Options

Elective 3D Ultrasound

Anyone have an elective 3D ultrasound? If so, do you have any recommendations for a place that you like?

Thanks!

Maggie

Re: Elective 3D Ultrasound

• Options
    A friend of mine did it at peek a baby.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We did it at my doctor's office.  It was $150 that we paid out of pocket.

check and see if your doctor does it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did it at the Willowbrook location of Peek-a-Baby and had a good experience.
  • Options
    Is it worth the extra out of pocket costs? Can you really see anything better?
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't have any recommendations (never did one), but OMG your siggie pic is soooo adorable!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had an anterior placenta, so they said I probably couldn't see the 3D very well (they switched the machine over for a little bit when I was getting the Big u/s for determing the sex), and they were right - it was hard to make out, so I opted not to pay extra for a special one.  I didn't miss it.
  • Options

imagemrs.littlejeans:
    We did it at the Willowbrook location of Peek-a-Baby and had a good experience.

Ditto   

My only advice is don't wait too late to go in.  I think I was 33 or 34 weeks and he was just too big (and stubborn) to get really good shots.  I'd say go before 30 weeks.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options
    I went to the Inside Story off of 59 for both of mine and it was totally worth the $150.  We were able to take family with us and the u/s lasted for about 45 minutes even though we were only scheduled for 30.  The tech (Chanel) is awesome and very patient.
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!
  • Options

imageTexasHarmony:
    I went to the Inside Story off of 59 for both of mine and it was totally worth the $150.  We were able to take family with us and the u/s lasted for about 45 minutes even though we were only scheduled for 30.  The tech (Chanel) is awesome and very patient.

Ditto (for my one pregnancy).  Agree with going before 30 weeks if possible. We went at 28 weeks and I was measuring 4 weeks ahead - and it was hard to get as good of pictures as I have seen by some.  But we got a few.  And it made the pregnancy so much more real for DH (he cried, hehe).

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"