Success after IF
Options

Questions about being induced...

We just found out I will be induced tomorrow (at 37 weeks).  I am going into the hospital at 6pm tomorrow and they are going to start cervidil.  I am less than 1cm dialated.  I was wondering if you were induced starting with cervidil...

1.)  How long was it until your labor really started? 

2.)  When were your babies born?

Thanks for your help!!  :)

Re: Questions about being induced...

• Options

My induction was started with Cervadil on a Friday when I was 38 weeks.  DS had low amniotic fluid (after 8 weeks of bedrest for low fluid, it was sort of an expected outcome).  I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.

My labor began and I had frequent, strong contractions not long after the cervadil.  After that I had pitocin, more cervadil, more pitocin, two other drugs to promote progress, etc.  I never dilated past 2 cm and had a cesarean the following Tuesday.

I hope your labor progresses well and you have a safe delivery.  Good luck!

• Options
    I was induces with pitocin only, so no experience with cervidil. ?Just wanted to say good luck!!!
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just got cervidil overnight, and then they broke my water in the morning. I was in labor for 1 hour and 20 min..... I had no cramping/contractions from cervidil alone. I also had a record speed for labor for a first time mom or otherwise!
  • Options

i was induced with my singleton pg at 36w b/c of Pre-E and kidney stones.  I was 80% effaced and a fingertip dilated at that point.  I got the pitocin at 7am, the epidural at 7:30am, and slept all day... wasn't fully dilated until midnight- took 1 hour 40 min to push him out. He was crooked and had a huge head- if it went much longer they would have done a c/s b/c he was crooked it was extra hard.

best of luck!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"