Breastfeeding
Options

Drop in supply after 6 months?

I'm a working mom and pump at work.  At the beginning, I used to get 6-7oz per session.  Today I got 3oz at the first one and 2.75 at the second, about to go pump for the 3rd time.  I started Fenugreek (3 pills, 3x/day) over a week ago and More Milk Plus last night.  I want an oversupply.  Should I power pump at night after DS eats?  He nurses last at 8:30/9pm.  When should I do it?  I was pumping on my way to work (about 20 min after he ate) to add a session in and after a week of that, it added maybe 1/4 of an ounce.  Should I add Mother's Milk Tea too?  Should I set my alarm and pump at 3am or something when milk supply is highest?  I know it won't be fun, but should I do it for awhile?  I know it's about supply and demand, but I'm not sure when I should demand it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Drop in supply after 6 months?

• Options

There is a lot of things that may be going on.  Your period might be coming.  I would experience a big supply dip then.  Your supply may be regulating to what baby is now eating.  Your DS is about 7 months old and is probably eating 2 to 3 solid meals by now.  My DS starting eating solids at about 7 months and we dropped 2 feedings (we only did 2 meals till age 1), my supply dropped as a result of his reduced nursing.

6 to 7 oz a pump, three pumps a day is a lot of milk.  Likely almost as much as your DS is drinking per day.  I would think that the 3 oz or so you are getting a pump is much more normal (although a regular pumper would have a better idea). 

Thomas ~ 07/07/2008 ~ 8 lbs, 5 oz

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

What's in my camera bag: Nikon D5000, Kit Lens 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8G, 50mm 1.8G, 85mm 1.8G, Tamron 28-75mm, SB 600 Speedlight

Global Developmental Delay consisting of a receptive language delay and self help skills delay

• Options

Are you not able to send enough BM for the days?  Has something changed?  More stressed, AF coming....  I pump at 2:30-3 most mornings and it works for me, mostly for a freezer stash but it works for me 

5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"