Northern California Babies
Options

XP: Babyproofed Home Office?

(I posted this on the AP board, as well)

Care to share what you did?

Husband's synthesizer (88key Roland) is set up so he can compose and edit on the computer. We each have a computer (his has a tower, mine is an imac) and there's a printer and the router and stuff and a bookcase...

The only plan I have is to put percussion instruments on the lowest shelf of the bookshelf so Bunny can play music with Daddy....but to get there I first have to figure out the best way to make the room safe for crawling. And get the piles of crap off the floor and onto shelves.

Any advice/inspiration/cautionary tales are welcome!

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Babyproofed Home Office?

• Options

We have a baby proof lock on our office door. There is just WAY too much stuff for them to get into. They can be in it if they are with us but most of the time we just shoo them out because they are not gentle with the equipment or they start reaching for plugs. We just made it a kid free zone.

My obgyn basically said, "Anything that you care about, hide it for the first 5 years." So that room is off limits, period!

Is his keyboard easily moved to another room that is baby safe where they can do music time together and then move it back out when the music time is over? We turned our entire living room into the kid's play area. We have their own musical instruments in one corner for them. Drums, kid keyboard, percussion instruments. etc. Then we break out our saxophone and guitars for special music time.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have a play area (picture here: https://embritadesign.blogspot.com/2009/08/dining-room-play-area.html) but the keyboard is fairly permanent to the office. 

Also - adding to the equation is the fact that the office can't be close off and leads directly to the kitchen. 

It's a conundrum.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"