Working Moms
Options

Childcare Interview Questions?

What questions do you ask when interviewing for childcare?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Childcare Interview Questions?

• Options
    qualistar.org has a good list and a checklist too.  And depends on who you are interviewing:  nanny, in-home or center.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

1st thing is what is your policy about coming to vist your child. if they have a limit run very fast away. they have something to hide.

2. what type of activites do you provide for the kids

3. what is your policy about illnesses.

4. if ds/dd is having a bad day what type of things would you do to sooth him/her. - listen closly to this one they may try to pull a fast one.

5. do you provide food or do i have to bring my own.

6. if i need to contact the director about a situation how can i contact them.- if it hard to reach the director- run!

7. what is the infant to child ratio.

8. is your staff trainned. if so how do you train them.

9. what are your hours of operations if i  have to stay late at work what is your ploicy and or how much do you charge. - if miltary how do you cater to the needs of the military?

10. how many of the children hor seriously injured or died? and reasons

11. how long have the staff been their.- if the staff constantly changes RUN!

12. what is you disclpine policy.

13. do you provide turn over information.

14.How long has the center been in businessHow long has the center been in business?

15. What are the center's accreditations

16. What is your holiday schedule

17. How and when do you bill

18. How long does a staff member stay at the center on average- this is important because if t hey work long hours they may not be tired and may not care for your child well.

19.How do you screen staff

20.. What is your educational philosophy

21.  Do the children ever watch TV or videos? If so, how are the programs selected? How much time is spent in front of the television

22.How often are the toys cleaned or replaced

23. do you have a schedule for the babies nap time or can i provide my own schedule- VERY IMPORTANT becuase if the scedule does not fit yours your baby may be up all night.

that is all i can think of hope this helps these are all the questions i asked my

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"