South Florida Babies

What is your child afraid of?

I think Sophie is afraid of the dark and of witches. All of a sudden!

We were watching an episode of Dora last week that she has seen a dozen times and all of a sudden the witch came on and Sophie started whimpering and wanted me to take it off and wanted me to carry her. She would not turn towards the TV. And this was DORA. It was so bizarre.

When did your kid start showing fears like this? Have they?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What is your child afraid of?

• Alexis has a book that has all these pop-up animals.  It's huge - like 11 x 14 and very colorful.  There is a different animal that pops up on each page - duck, bat, crab, etc.  But one page has a shark.  Not exceptionally scary, but pointy mouth and sharp teeth and when I get to that page she turns away and hides her face.  It's really funny b/c this is new, she never had a problem with it before and I don't know what would have caused this fear.
    image image

• L is afraid of this beautiful, wooden Pinocchio that his great-aunt brought him from Colombia. We had it hidden in his closet when we realized he was afraid of it, but then he realized it was there and he would peek in and then run out crying. So we took it out completely. 

Similar to what you're describing, though, we bought him a Diego DVD that had a witch that changed animals into objects. Well, he whimpered and then had nightmares. He didn't tell us directly to take it off, but he got really agitated and we figured it out. This was about 3-4 months ago. 

• Loading the player...
  • Charlie is afraid to go into a room in the house, that is empty, by herself... even if it is day time.  If I am not in her room, and wants to play in there for the first time in the morning after breakfast, or what not, she needs me to go in there and spend a little time with her, before she will stay on her own. LOL it is strangest thing, all the little things that children arescared of individually.
  • Diego is afraid of a few things. Loud noises like the Vacuum, sometime thunder. He is not a fan of the rain since one day we got caught off in a park and there was a big storm.

He doesn't like some characters from some movies like from Cars, he is afraid of the big truck (corn cutter), form Happy Feet he is afraid of the big seal. Those are the ones I remember. 

Lately he is afraid of bugs, ants, and things like that.

Once we went to eat at Rainforest Cafe.....and OMG, we had to moved to a table where no animals where close by...lol. He got scare of the thunders and animals noise. 

What can I say?.....We are working on it...lol

Barbie 

• imageMrsLeanna:
    Alexis has a book that has all these pop-up animals.  It's huge - like 11 x 14 and very colorful.  There is a different animal that pops up on each page - duck, bat, crab, etc.  But one page has a shark.  Not exceptionally scary, but pointy mouth and sharp teeth and when I get to that page she turns away and hides her face.  It's really funny b/c this is new, she never had a problem with it before and I don't know what would have caused this fear.

Eli can't watch Nemo - you know how in the very beginning the shark attacks - he can't get passed those first 3-5 minutes of the movie.  We have to fast forward that part. 

• Bugs! Whenever there is a dead bug on the floor, she goes "Buh Buh" and whines. i have NO idea how she knows they are bugs, but she does, and she points at it til i go get it and throw it out!!!
  • Abby's terrified of people with grey hair.  I don't know why, but she SOBS like someone's pinching her everytime either my grandmother or my father in law get near her!
  • Nadia JUST started crying for loud noises last week. Before that I'd say she wasn't afraid or startled by anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"