Washington Babies

s/o MMR vaccine (clicky poll!)

If your answer is no what age did/will you get it? And what vaccines did you get at the 12 month visit? 

Please keep it flame free ladies!  Big Smile[Poll]

Re: s/o MMR vaccine (clicky poll!)

• We didn't get it at 12 months but he just got it at his 15 month appt.

I just wanted to wait till he was a bit bigger.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • my pedi does 15 months... and I am terrified.  we'll still do it, but I will be watching them like a hawk.  While I KNOW it doesnt cause autism, I do too much work with the population and have had too many clients say their child regressed after vaccines not to be cautious.  But the research doesn't support the link, so we will vaccinate on schedule.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know why anyone would feel the need to flame anyone about this. Opinions are opinions and it's your family. Do what you think is best for your family.

We haven't discussed the MMR w/ our new pedi yet, that being said. I may wait until 15 months, but we will do it on schedule. I also don't think the research supports the link, but even though I don't believe it, it is still scary to me. The "what ifs" are what scare me!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• I think we will wait until 15 months and I'm really hoping it will still be available individually so we can break it up. 
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • I am unsure at this point at what age we will do it (I'm leaning toward 15 months), but I would really like to do them separately if it is possible at that point in time.
  • We're waiting until I can get them in separate shots.  I know it's not very big picture of me to think of only my child and not the larger community but, I'm not concerned about the risks of any of those diseases for her.  They are all relatively mild.
  • Also, i'm assuming this is a s/o of the autism post from last night (haven't read back that far).  We're not holding off due to a risk of autism.  Our concern is the toxin load to dd.  We never do more than two vaccines in one visit.  If it's a combo shot, we only do one.
  • imageBethS2006:

my pedi does 15 months... and I am terrified.  we'll still do it, but I will be watching them like a hawk.  While I KNOW it doesnt cause autism, I do too much work with the population and have had too many clients say their child regressed after vaccines not to be cautious.  But the research doesn't support the link, so we will vaccinate on schedule.

THIS!

I must investigate the option of splitting them up. DH was concerned about the cost of another visit (we have a low limit for preventative care) but the withering look I gave him cured him of that! 

• Our pedi prefers to spread out the 12 month shots between 12 - 24 months. She said that there was no reason to overload their system with vaccinnes all at once, and as long as they had them by the age 2, everything was fine. We will get the MMR somewhere between 15 and 18 months, as long as she is healthy when the time comes. If she has any signs of a cold, then no way Jose!

What we did get...

Pneumonia, the 4th and last shot in the series

Hep A, the 1st in the 2 part series.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • there needs to be an "undecided" option...
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • imagepinktulips:

Our pedi prefers to spread out the 12 month shots between 12 - 24 months. She said that there was no reason to overload their system with vaccinnes all at once, and as long as they had them by the age 2, everything was fine. We will get the MMR somewhere between 15 and 18 months, as long as she is healthy when the time comes. If she has any signs of a cold, then no way Jose!

What we did get...

Pneumonia, the 4th and last shot in the series

Hep A, the 1st in the 2 part series.

This.  We moved to a new peditrician around the 15 month point and I wasn't ready then, but did it a few months later at 18 month. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • This shot is giving me so much anxiety.  I actually cried about it talking to my BFF about it.   I've got an appt for ben for Thursday for it.  He's over 2 1/2.   I wanted to wait til he was older than 2, so I knew for sure if he was showing any autism signs.  Even though in my heart I know it doesnt' cause autism.   I wanted him to be talking and communicating well.  I also wanted to wait til the summer when he wasnt' fighting off colds and flus as well, so his immune system is strong and ready for it.

I thought the split up shots were no longer available?

At this point, just doing one shot seems enough for me.  I'll be getting him the flu shot too - undecided on the swine flu but that's 2 more shots, so I really don't want to have to take him in 6 times to get shots in the next few months or I fear he will never want to go to the ped again.

• Our pedi gives the MMR at 15 months. We will be getting it on schedule this afternoon. She will not have any other shots at today's visit. At 12 months we did Chickenpox and PC.
  • imageAnnetteWalker:

We didn't get it at 12 months but he just got it at his 15 month appt.

I just wanted to wait till he was a bit bigger.

This.  Plus, he had a fever at his 12 month appt, so he didn't get any shots.  He got all his 12 month shots at his 15 month appt (plus a flu shot).  Poor baby was not happy!  :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"