Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Question for a friend...

Anyone know of a pre-natal vitamin that doesn't have Iron in it?

She is thinking of Starting to try soon but Her body doesn't process Iron correctly, and she has to limit her Iron intake. I would love to pass on a good vitamin that she could try. Any options to pass along would be great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question for a friend...

• Options

I do not know of one =( But I had the same problem too.. So I only took my DHA pills... Sorry...

hopefully some1 on here will know

• Options

Centrum Silver doesn't have iron in it. She could take that and supplement with some extra Folic Acid and Omega 3s.

She should probably ask a pharmacist though. MAybe they know of one.

BFP#1 2/23/09. Natural MC on 3/20/09 @ 8wks BFP#2 8/10/09. Born 4/23/2010 BFP#3 2/26/12. Stick Baby Stick! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe she can just take a folic acid pill (from prescription) and her normal vitamin.  Thats what I do since Im a wuss and cant swallow big pills.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Check out Google. I did a quick search and found one brand called NutraBlend and it appears that GNC has a prenatal as well. I don't know about any of the other vitamins but it looks like they are out there without iron.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG I made the mistake of asking this on 1st trimester too and this was the first response I got "The only person qualified to provide that answer is a doctor, which I am not.  Best of luck to her.  Sounds like a really tough spot to be in." WTF how does SOMEONE think they aren't qualified to read the side of a pill bottle? Why do we have to go to a EFING doctor to find a VITAMIN you can buy over the counter!?!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ibisibis member

imageWearingRed:
    OMG I made the mistake of asking this on 1st trimester too and this was the first response I got "The only person qualified to provide that answer is a doctor, which Iam not.  Best of luck to her.  Sounds like a really tough spot to bein." WTF how does SOMEONE think they aren't qualified to read the side of a pill bottle? Why do we have to go to a EFING doctor to find a VITAMIN you can buy over the counter!?!?

LOL... there are only three responses on 1st tri:

1. Ask your doctor

2. Ask Google

3. I am so much more pregnant than you, nyah nyah nyah boo boo! 

• Options
    imageibis:

imageWearingRed:
    OMG I made the mistake of asking this on 1st trimester too and this was the first response I got "The only person qualified to provide that answer is a doctor, which Iam not.  Best of luck to her.  Sounds like a really tough spot to bein." WTF how does SOMEONE think they aren't qualified to read the side of a pill bottle? Why do we have to go to a EFING doctor to find a VITAMIN you can buy over the counter!?!?

LOL... there are only three responses on 1st tri:

1. Ask your doctor

2. Ask Google

3. I am so much more pregnant than you, nyah nyah nyah boo boo! 

LOL!  I love the 3rd one!  People even come from other boards to share that info w/ 1st triers!!

imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"