Washington Babies

Bumpie Swap & Sell Party?

I've been considering consigning most of Gage's clothes (Tear!!) at that big Friends and Family consignment show but then I started thinking it'd be fun to have a Bumpie Swap & Sell Party!!  We could do clothes, toys, gear, anything baby/maternity related and even have a free pile.  Then we could have appetizers, wine, etc and just hang out.

Just want to get an idea if anyone would be in?  Post if you'd be interested in coming and if you'd come just to hang out, shop for stuff, and/or consign.

Re: Bumpie Swap & Sell Party?

• I was just thinking about something like this!!  I'd LOVE to participate...probably be more active on the buying side than selling as we're still using most of our stuff! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Where is the sign up sheet?

• Loading the player...
  • Did you say Gage's clothes would be on the premesis?  That'd be enough for me to sign up!! LOL Unfortunately, since I'm a new mommy I don't have all that much to swap.  This is a great idea though!!
  • Um, did you say shopping? I'm in!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagegreenmtbride:
    I was just thinking about something like this!!  I'd LOVE to participate...probably be more active on the buying side than selling as we're still using most of our stuff! 

This. Although we do have stuff we can part with!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• I'm in! I probably need more than i'd be able to sell, but I'm definitely there!
  • imagenykola:
    Did you say Gage's clothes would be on the premesis?  That'd be enough for me to sign up!! LOL Unfortunately, since I'm a new mommy I don't have all that much to swap.  This is a great idea though!!

Haha Yes. Crying  I'm having a really hard time with it but I really don't need 5 tubs of boy clothes sitting in my garage for years.  LoL

• I'm in! We have TONS of clothes and a some toys/gear I've been looking to get rid of.
  • Only if Gage is in a bigger size than Nathan and I can buy all the bigger clothesSmile

I don't have much to unload anymore, either. 

• We might be a little more on the buying side right now too, but it sounds interesting.  If it turns out I'm having a boy, then I will be clearing out a ton of girl clothes at some point.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Sounds great.....we would be selling and buying.
  • where would it be? if its sometime in the near future when its warm out theres a great little park near my house with a shelter and lots of room for things!
  • I have quite a few things I have been wanting to get rid of and this sounds like a great idea. I would def be in.
  • I'm on the buying side as well since I am holding onto everything till after baby two....but I'd love to be involved :)
  • imageBabyMamma55:
    where would it be?

For now I'm just thinking at my house.  In the next couple months like end of Sept/Octoberish?!  Unless we can think of something better?!?  I think outside might be hard though because we wouldn't be able to count on the weather.  

• I'd be up for it. I'd do a bit of everything, buying, selling and hanging out :)
  • I'd love it! Count me in to sell a few small things and buy some stuff.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • imageJRS72206:
    I'm in! We have TONS of clothes and a some toys/gear I've been looking to get rid of.

I'm on all of this lady! Your girl has some freaking cute stuff!

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • I'd be in - particularly if we have a girl too.
  • Dude, I'm sooooo in!  I don't really have anything to sell, but I'd love to buy some of everyone's cuteness! 
  • This should be a regular thing, so that once I have a baby, I can join, too! :-) I would be so down for this!  Really great idea!
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • I would be very interested in buying. I am in need of maternity clothes and baby items.  Let me know more info.
  • I would be in.  I might be into selling some stuff, but we are saving the majority of Mason's stuff for #2.  And since we arn't finding out the sex it will be awhile until I can sell or buy.
  • I would be in to buy, sell and hang out :)

I just gave a bunch of maternity clothes away...darn it!  But I do have lots of random things around that I would rather give to a bumpie than goodwill!

• Im totally in...Norah and Jacob have tons of bins full of clothes I need to part with!
  • I am in!  I dont really have anything to sell, so I might just be there to hang out!
  • Me too!  I'd be both selling and buying.
  • I am totally in for buying little girl stuff and selling TONS of 0-18 month boy stuff. Just let me know when and where!
  • Count me in for buying and hanging out.
  • I'd be in!  I'm be on the buy side of lots of little boy stuff!  I'd be more than happy to help out too. Since I only work a few hours a week from home I'd be available to help organize, cook and pick up stuff...just let me know!
    Also known as *BreeBree13* Stupid bump keeps logging me in under my old name!
  • I would be so interested in this!  But im sure it will be on a night I have to work...  You should make it on a wednesday or thursday =)
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • I'm so in! I have stuff to sell, and would probably buy, and I know I have stuff to contribute to a "free" pile. Great idea!!

I actually saw something like this on Oprah the other day, with household stuff, like furniture etc. That would be fun too! 

• YES!  I am signed up to consign at the CUte as a Button Sale in WOodinville at the end of Sept.  I'd love to do this first though.  I have TONS of girl things from newborn thru 18 months.  Then of course I'd be buying baby boy stuff!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'll be all for it! Especially if it's after my big u/s on Oct 8th lol so I know if I need to get boy stuff :) Keep me posted what a fun idea!
    imageimage
    Alivia Nichole Willow Nov. 9th 2007 @ 8:22pm 9 lbs 4 oz 20.5"
    Ian Robert March. 5th 2010 @ 6:41pm 9 lbs 1 oz 20.5"

Our blog http://rappfamilyof4.blogspot.com/

• What a great idea! I am in for sure for buying, selling & hanging out. The sooner the better too!!
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • i'd be interested too!  i just set aside a pile of newborn girls clothes that she's outgrown already.... some of the stuff only worn once! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"