North Carolina Babies

**jennandtim**

I think you had posted a couple weeks ago that you were planning on putting your house on the market soon, have you definitely decided to do that? We are going to put our house on the market in early October and we have never sold a house before so I am looking for some pointers. Right now we are working on decluttering and fixing little things around the house. Are you working with a realtor? I think we are going to try FSBO b/c we are not in a rush to sell it. Any tips you could offer would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

Re: **jennandtim**

• Ha! I wish I had tips.....or even had showings for that matter. We are in no rush either...although I would like to be moving/moved/buying this time next year.

We are FSBO right now, we bought signs for our yard and the neighborhood entrance. We also made flyers based on the one we had from the realtor when we bought it. They turned out nice, they are dissapearing but no calls! We even had a showing appt and they never showed....IDK....I think we are going to have to get serious this fall and see what happens. Sounds like no one wants our house....but its really nice I promise....I just dont think people can buy right now. We have never sold either so we are just as clueless.

Im not discouraged yet...time will tell. Youre doing the right thing by decluttering, we are still doing this too. Ill keep you posted! GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is my fear too, that we won't have any showings. A friend of mine sold her house FSBO last summer and she sold it very quickly, but I think the market has deteriorated even more since then. We have to get a sign made (we live in Pinehurst and all signs must be green and white, so dumb!!). I don't think we are "allowed" to post signs at the entrance of our neighborhood either, so I may have to run an ad in the paper.

Are you planning on doing any open houses? My friend did one every Sunday for a month (and ran an ad in the paper about the open house) and I think that helped her. 

Have you been bombarded with calls by realtors wanting to list your house? I have a feeling we will be once we put up the FSBO sign :)

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you get some showings and a great offer!! I will let you know if I think of any more ideas. Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"