Georgia Babies

Do the questions ever end?

Remeber when you were dating DH and everyone would ask you when you are getting married?  Then you finally get married and everyone starts to ask when are you going to have a baby?  Then you finally have a baby and now every asks when are you going to have number two.  Seriously people she is 5 months old.  Can I enjoy my first child before I start thinking about possibly having another?  Ok vent over.....
photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Do the questions ever end?

• Hahaha we get the same questions, but then again our daughter is almost 20 months.  My answer is "when we are good and ready". LOL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I think you should tell everyone that you are planning to have 4 or 5 more, but you want them all to be at least 2 years apart, when they ask you that!

Seriously, I am getting asked, as well.  I don't even know if I'm going to be allowed to have a 2nd - can't people have use a little common sense!

• Loading the player...
  • I think its so rude when people ask that. We don't have any children yet, but DH and I have been married for 3 years. I get asked a lot when we are going to have a baby. I want to look at the person asking and say "how do you know that we haven't been trying for a long time with no success?" That isn't the case, but maybe it would put in perspective for people why they shouldn't ask. Its just rude, in my opinion.
  • imageAmy_729:
    I think its so rude when people ask that. We don't have any children yet, but DH and I have been married for 3 years. I get asked a lot when we are going to have a baby. I want to look at the person asking and say "how do you know that we haven't been trying for a long time with no success?" That isn't the case, but maybe it would put in perspective for people why they shouldn't ask. Its just rude, in my opinion.

That's actually a brilliant response.  I can't believe the gall of some people.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Well wait until she turns 1.  Then everyone you meet will ask.  I hate those questions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The proper (and only) response is: Why do you ask?

Shuts 'em up nearly every time.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Maybe I am in the minority but I don't mind...I guess maybe bc we are "thinking" about it again.
  • Yes, yes, yes!  I was just telling someone this the other day and they were shocked that we get asked about another baby so often.  At our wedding, people were asking us about babies.  And FIL mentioned it in his toast to us.  Now we are asked all the time, and have been since the first few weeks, when will we have #2.  Geez people!  I don't mind or get offended but I do think it's annoying and wouldn't say the same to someone else.

It was like this when I was preg- there was always a question asked over and over.  Before we knew, it was the gender or what we want.  Then the name.  And always due date and How are you feeling? over and over again.  Sweet of people to ask but I heard it nonstop.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I personally don't mind these questions usually...people ask because they care about you, I've found.  I'd much prefer that to them showing no interest in me and my family.

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • imageUGAbride:

I personally don't mind these questions usually...people ask because they care about you, I've found.  I'd much prefer that to them showing no interest in me and my family.

ditto

If it's someone close and I want to tell them the whole "we're trying but it's just not working out" story I do, but if it's a random person I just shrug and say I don't know.

• I think it depends on WHO is asking.....you know what question seems to bother me more....."are you dilated yet" or "have they done a pelvic yet"? PLEASE my cervix is none of your beeswax!

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Its gotten worse for me since my SIL got pregnant when her DD was 9 months old. Like they expect us to follow right behind them. I just tell them that I'm enjoying my time with just Abigail right now.

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, I am pregnant with #2 and it STILL hasn't stopped.  Now it's, "Oh, two boys, will you try for a girl?"  I don't think it ever ends.  :)
  • People are already asking us about #3.  I look at them like they are crazy -- hello, I just had two in a year!  I'm not planning on having another for a good while, thank you very much.

I would say, though, as tempting as it might be, don't claim to be suffering from infertility if you aren't.  Having gone through it, I know it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, and IMHO, saying you're going through IF when you're not is equivalent to saying you have any other serious medical condition when you don't.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Please, I have 3 and people still ask me that stupid question.  Don't ya think my hands are a bit full now??!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"