South Florida Babies

Good morning!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Monday is here and we're all closing out the month and getting ready for Fall (my favorite!).

Somehow, I caught the nesting bug and decided it was time for me to clean behind the stove, fridge, dishwasher, the top part of the fridge, inside the kitchen cabinets, etc...ya know, in case Carley somehow ends up in or on top of any of those places....it needed to be cleaned, right?!? LOL (***for the record, I AM perfectly aware of how CRAZYand totally unnecessary this sounds).

Anyway, how was everyone else's weekend?? We've got a couple big birthday parties coming up, no?

Re: Good morning!

• Awww, you're nesting :) It may make no sense, but at least you get a clean house out of it!

We have no plans this weekend, which definitely means baby planning time in my book. Hopefully we can finally get rid of the last random pieces of furniture that are still left in her room and maybe go ahead and order her crib and possibly go buy the rest of her furniture from Ikea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good Morning! Aww that's so cute that you are nesting! I'm sure Carley won't be behind those things any time soon but at least you know it's clean just in case. lol!

Weekend was good, spend time with some friends and the hubby. Can't get any better than that!

• Loading the player...
  • imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:

Awww, you're nesting :) It may make no sense, but at least you get a clean house out of it!

We have no plans this weekend, which definitely means baby planning time in my book. Hopefully we can finally get rid of the last random pieces of furniture that are still left in her room and maybe go ahead and order her crib and possibly go buy the rest of her furniture from Ikea.

Oh Jen, getting the room set up is soo much fun. Nick and I are still working on that part and even though it's not done yet, I love going into her room. Do you have an idea of what crib or bedding you want?

• imageUMwife:

Do you have an idea of what crib or bedding you want?

We were going to get a really traditional white sleigh crib, but then I fell in love with this crib and the bedding:

image image

The crib is from Walmart, very inexpensive, and has great reviews, so I figure we can't go wrong. We are having the bedding custom made by a seamstress and it is going to look extremely similar to the one in the pictures except everywhere that you see yellow, it will be light pink.

imageUMwife:

Do you have an idea of what crib or bedding you want?

We were going to get a really traditional white sleigh crib, but then I fell in love with this crib and the bedding:

image image

The crib is from Walmart, very inexpensive, and has great reviews, so I figure we can't go wrong. We are having the bedding custom made by a seamstress and it is going to look extremely similar to the one in the pictures except everywhere that you see yellow, it will be light pink.

Aww :( my work computer is blocking the images, so I only see little red x's. Do you have links??

Argh! I think I might just have to wait until I get home tonight to see the pictures. The tinypic links are blocked here too :(

• Awww bummer :( Definitely check them out when you get home.

I had been stressing about the bedding because I hadn't seen anything that I completely fell in love with. I have one set at Pottery Barn Kids that is my "back up," but in the meantime I am trying to see if I can get them made. I am waiting for two quotes from two different seamstresses to see if it's a practical option. I have a feeling there is one who would do a better job than the other, but that one also looks like she is going to charge way too much :( So I just have to wait for the quotes and see how we work it out.

• What bedding and furniture did you go with, by the way??? I remember you showed Cynthia that pink and green set from Target (which is GORGEOUS), but I didn't remember if you were using that one too, or if you had picked something else.
  • The first link is the one to the crib we ended up getting.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012845

As for the bedding, I picked something different than the one Cynthia is getting. Mine is from PBK, it's called Sophie Nursery Bedding. I decided to go without the quilt because I didn't think it was practical (ie: she would never use it)

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products_g/su4199/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C12%7C%7C%7C1%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Csophie%20nursery&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

• I love that bedding and crib set! Carley's room is going to be gorgeous. What color are her walls?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"