Indiana Babies
Options

Brenda

How many times a day do you pump at work? What's your usual output each time?

I got my usual 5ish ounces this morning around 10, and then just pumped again at 12:30 and only got 2 1/2. I'm guessing this is pretty normal - my boobs hardly felt full when I started - but I'm curious to compare.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Brenda

• Options
    Well, I'm not Brenda, but I did pump at work.  I pumped twice during work, at 10 and 2 (which followed my 2, 6 10 schedule I did on maternity leave).  I also pumped right when I woke up in the mornings and when I got home, plus another time before going to bed.   
  • Options

Thanks Mel! See, I could have paged you with THAT question!

I'm wondering if I could get by with only two pumping sessions rather than the three (10, 12, 3) I was originally planning on. The only thing that would stink is that the noon session would be a guarantee because I always have a lunch hour, whereas the morning and afternoon sessions are up in the air.

I guess I could just go day by day and not worry so much about it now :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lol!  I bet two would be sufficient, as long as your supply keeps up.  Could you take a later lunch?  That way it would be guaranteed for you to get some pump time in in the afternoon.
  • Options

I try to pump at 9, 12, and 3.

I usually get 2oz, 6oz, and 4oz.

I have a hard time getting a let-down at my morning pump session, so that 2oz is usually pretty painfully squeezed out. My goal has always been to aim for an average of 4oz, so it works. Sometimes, I'll get a perfect 4oz, 4oz, and 4oz, but more days than not it's 2/6/4.

I've missed a couple sessions here and there, and not had any supply issues. I don't want to risk trying twice a day because she's already eating more than I make while I'm pumping three times a day. I'm afraid my supply would tank if I went down to two.

She's eating between 5-6oz, just FYI.

I make up the difference by pumping one side in the morning and on the weekends.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I think I'm going to need to stick with three sessions a day as much as I can. I already feel like I don't have enough saved, so every ounce can help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"