North Carolina Babies
Options

NBR: The verdict is in

Update on my foot--it's not a stress fracture.  I can't believe it.  This is both good news and bad news.  Good--I don't have to wear my moon boot unless it's really hurting.  I'm supposed to try these pad things in my shoes.  Apparently it's a nerve in my foot and the pads are supposed to help relieve pressure from it.  And once I get refitted for work out shoes (I've got to go a different route with these) I can start trying to work out slowly again as long as I'm not in pain.

Bad news--it may or may not get better.  I'm supposed to give it 6 weeks of using the pads in my shoes and if it's not better or at least more liveable, I'll go in and they'll give me a shot to numb that nerve.  I'll go about my day and if that shot results in me having no pain, then they can go in and remove the nerve surgically.  I don't want surgery but I don't want pain either.  I'm hoping that since I stopped working out as soon as it started hurting that it's just inflammed and needs more time to settle down.  But we'll see. 

Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR: The verdict is in

• Options
    Ugh! I hate when that's the sort of diagnosis I get... sort of good but sort of bad. I hope that the inserts help and in a few weeks you are back to feeling like your old self.
  • Options
    Sounds like a frustrating diagnosis!  Bill did something similar to his foot running - I don't think he ever got a definite diagnosis but it hurt him off and on for a few years whenever he'd start running again.  I think it's finally all better now though.  I hope yours starts feeling better again soon!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad you at least got some news on it.  Hopefully it starts feeling better soon!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    glad it's not a fracture...but frustrating that it's not necessarily 'fixed' :(  hopefully it will just start to feel better and no surgery!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"