Attachment Parenting
Options

Craaaap. DH is trying to get Madeline her bottle

and she is flat out refusing it. She's only taken a bottle one other time and she was perfectly fine with it. This time, she's freaking out.

I go back to work in 2 weeks.

I'm starting to freak out that she's going to have trouble with the bottles.

Re: Craaaap. DH is trying to get Madeline her bottle

• Options

DD refused bottles too when I first had to go back to work. Just keep trying. Make sure you're not in the house and get DH to try giving it to her in different places than where you normally nurse her. Try warming the milk, giving it chilled, different bottles, nipples. We did it all and found that she would only take it very, very warm, but my friends have had different experiences.

For months, we found that DD refused to let anyone give her a bottle in our rocking chair where I nurse her. But anywhere else was okay. Go figure.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I could have written this post a few weeks ago. I sat by helplessly and watched DH struggle while trying and freaked the eff out that she wouldn't eat at day care.

Wouldn't ya know, she takes bottles like a champ at day care. And she has since taken them from DH though we don't try often because when I'm there, so are my boobs.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Based on my experience, this is my advice:

LEAVE THE HOUSE.

Go for a walk.  Go to the mall.  Go get coffee.  Bring your cell phone.  Tell your husband to call you when it's over.

This is hard.  It's harder when you're there, listening to it, wanting to step in and make it all better.  She will take a bottle, but she probably won't do it if you intervene, or if she thinks you could (she's a smart baby, I'm sure, and she knows the fresh stuff is tastier).

It may also help to have your husband feed her someplace where you wouldn't ordinarily nurse.

You will get through this.  It will be okay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"