Georgia Babies
Options

Graco My Ride 65

Please tell me your thoughts on this carseat. We are looking for a convertible seat that will last a long time. This one looks great, but I was a little concerned about how much it reclines (especially when you switch to forward facing). Any thoughts or reviews? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Graco My Ride 65

• Options
    My parents just bought one for my nephew and it has good reviews.  I think it is one of the better ones that reclines for an infant, but it only goes up to 65 lbs unlike some of the other ones that go up to 100 lbs.  It just depends on what you want to use it for (newborn and toddler only up to 65 lbs. or more for toddler only but going up to 100 lbs.)?
  • Options
    I don't know about this one specifically, but be sure to go to BRU and have them install it on their practice seat.  We have the Graco Comfortsport and DH could never get it secure rearfacing.  So we had the BRU guy try to install it RF on the practice seat and sure enough, he couldn't get it secure enough either.  Neither could the manager!  So that carseat is FF in our spare car and is very secure that way, but I prefer him to stay RF as long as possible, so we still have our Britax marathon RF at 18 mos. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    OK, so just curious....why do we need car seats that go up to 100 lbs?  I wasn't 100 lbs until 10th grade and I damn sure wasn't riding in a car seat.  Unless childhood obesity is WAAAY out of control, I don't see needing a car seat for the specific purpose of going to 100 lbs.  As a matter of fact, even 65 lbs took me to 8th grade plus I was 5' tall by then.
  • Options
    The 100 lbs is for the booster seat part of the car seat, but most car seats also say 100 lbs and/or 5-6 yrs old.  You're right you honestly don't need one to that point because if you think about it at 5 you get on a school bus and ride to school without a seat belt or booster seat at all and are perfectly fine, but in your own car you have to have you child buckled in a car seat/booster seat until they are 100 lbs and/or 5-6 yrs old (I think this is a little different depending on what state you live in though), but that's what the boxes on some of the car seats say.  It is strange and doesn't make sense...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"