Georgia Babies

What does Northside send you home with?

I'm delivering at Northside in a few weeks.  I saw a question on the 0-6 month board asking what supplies the hospital sends you  home with (not particular to Atlanta).  Just curious what Northside does.  Some of the hospitals people posted about send you home with so much stuff!

Re: What does Northside send you home with?

• What does N'side send you home with?

I'm sure it's like any other hospital and you can take what you can grab. Seriously. There was a post on here about a month or so ago where we all admitted to taking some serious loot. Everything from diapers to mesh undies to pads to pee pads to the actual sitz bath.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Northside Tip--bring extra bags and stash as much stuff before the nurses change shifts.  This includes formula, diapers, wipes, gum drop pacifiers etc.  I know this sounds bad, but seriously, you can get alot of stuff--plus you are paying for it in healthcare costs.

Also, I made them give me my pain meds right as I was walking out the door so we would have time before filling the Rx.

I went home with:

For me-sitz bath, mesh panties, huge pads, ice packs 

For baby--extra gummy pacifiers, receiving blankets, case of formula, ton of diapers, northside shirts, wipes, hats, socks and mittens, nasal aspirators (ask for extra because the hospital ones are the best), thermometer, pink tub for bathing

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto maykat.  You'll want to bring extra bags to fit all of the stuff.  I didn't have to take anything between shifts, though... they TOLD me to take it!  They even had us take the pillows home (we have like 5 of them!) because they said they would just throw them away.  We took the comb, tub, blankets (I love the large blankets they have for swaddling), pacifiers, aspirator, diapers, wipes, vaseline (for circumcision), socks, mittens, shirts, pads, undies, ice packs, etc.

Good luck with your delivery!

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Ditto pp's.  Every time we sent Ella to the nursery, whether for a test of some sort, a pedi visit, or for the night, we emptied everything out of the bassinet.  We took pacifiers, mittens, socks, shirts, diapers, wipes, and formula.  We also asked for an extra nasal aspirator before we left so we'd have 2 at home.  I think I have 10 pacis, which is great, b/c I keep them all over the house. 

They will also give you a diaper bag filled w/ more stuff when they discharge you.  If you are lucky, your nurse will double or triple the amount of stuff she fills the diaper bag with.

• Ditto pps.  I was actually reminding DH last night that we needed to bring extra bags with us this time.  While I took tons of stuff last time, now I know I can ask for extra pacifiers and nasal aspirators and plan to do so. 
  • Our nurses told us to take everything.  Once it goes into the babies bassinet, they cannot reuse it on another baby, so it just gets thrown away.  If they give you any of the gumdrop pacis, try to get as many as you can.  Those things are hard to find and were the only type of paci DD would take.  They are pretty expensive and the cheapest place we found to order them was in Hawaii.
  • Is extra space in the suitcase enough, or will I really need another bag? I packed our medium suitcase for after delivery, and it is maybe half full....
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • imageJoelsGirl07:
    Is extra space in the suitcase enough, or will I really need another bag? I packed our medium suitcase for after delivery, and it is maybe half full....

We had someone take the stuff home for us every night (either my mom or sister).  It probably would have fit in our suitcase if I hadn't been in the hospital for 6 days though.

• Yea...you basically moved in!
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"