Georgia Babies

Has anyone gone into labor/given birth

While sick?  I have a horrible cold, low, on again off again fever, no energy and just feel like complete crap.  I'm so nervous about going into labor and not having any energy. 

I do have a dr. appt today so hopefully I'll get some reassurance there, but just wondering if any of you moms have given birth while sick?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has anyone gone into labor/given birth

• I got strep throat the week before my scheduled c-section . It sucked! But I was feeling completely better by the time they were born. I hope the doctor gives you something and you feel better.
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a little cold and was worried about energy.  I had not been sleeping well, as I'm sure most don't when you're so close and uncomfortable.  I was going to try to go to bed early that night but went in to labor instead.  I was really worried about starting in the evening, after an exhausting day of work and no sleep on top of that.  Luckily I was able to sleep with the epidural and rest through the night.  It was hard to sleep as I was so excited though.  I think you will be surprised by the energy you will have when the time comes.  I hope you feel better soon.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I did with Ava.  Had a nasty cold. I asked my doctor what I could take while laboring to help with cough and congestion and they didn't want me taking anything while in labor.  I was being induced, so i dont' know how much that factored into it since i was getting extra meds from them.

After she was born, they didn't want me taking anything b/c i was BFing.  It's a lose-lose situation.  Took me 9 weeks to kick that cold.  And I gave it to Ava in the end anyway. 

Hope you feel better soon.

• I hope you feel better soon!
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • feel better mama!  I know that if you take meds in the late part of pregnancy you can loose some water, but I am pretty sure you had an u/s yesterday and they could probably tell if you were getting low.  Good luck!  I can't wait to here from you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"