Working Moms

Nanny Share?

Does anyone participate in a nanny share program? If so, can you give me some pros and cons? TIA!

Re: Nanny Share?

• We nanny share and it's been far better than I expected. Our nanny is wonderful and she takes the kids out several times a day. It's DS and another little girl in the neighborhood who is 2 days younger.  It's been fun watching how they develop together.

We alternate houses every 2 weeks. Whoever's house it is has diapers, milk, food, etc. so we don't have to schlep that stuff over all the time.  We got a double stroller off Craigslist so they can go out for walks.

The only negative is that the other mom doesn't like to tell me when her DD is sick. We're all sitting down this week to go over some guidelines going into flu season.  I'm going to try and ask that if the kid has fever they stay home with mom. We shall see. 

I'm happy to answer any other questions or concerns you might have.

• I've done some posts about ours on my blog: https://worklifeunbalanced.blogspot.com/search/label/nanny%20share

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"