Multiples

Where to look for preemie clothes?

Nothing special, but BRU has a VERY limited selection, I don't think I've ever seen anything at Target, and we've already picked a few things from Walmart.  We don't need too much more, but I'd like to find some cute stuff for coming home (and not too expensive, not looking to spend $20 on a cute sleeper).

Re: Where to look for preemie clothes?

• Carter's has stuff... it's also limited, but very cute!  Smile
  • Don't know if you have Burlington Baby Depot near you, but that have a pretty nice preemie section. Just FYI - my twins wore preemie clothes for like 1 week - they were kind of a waste!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, Walmart and Carter's are the ones I've always heard recommended. My boys were in preemie for maybe 2-3 weeks. (They were 6.10 and 6.7--and each lost 7 oz in the hospital--but they were still swimming in NB clothes at first.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Little Me is a brand that has some cute preemie stuff.  I know Macy's carries it, but I'm not sure where else.

I wouldn't get a whole lot of preemie stuff though.  They'll grow out of it faster than you think.  I think we had 4 footed sleepers, a pair of pants, and 6-8 onesies each. 

• Marshalls and TJ Maxx have some cute stuff as well.
  • Ditto on not overbuying preemie stuff.  We had 5 or so onesies for each baby and i think everything got worn MAYBE twice before we had to move to the newborn sizes.  That being said, i liked Carters preemie stuff.
  • Most of our preemie selection I already had from DS (was in preemie for about 2 weeks), now we're just getting a few pieces, and now want to find coming home outfits.  I couldn't beleive DS swam in NB, it's amazing how little they are in the beginning.
  • Did you try the Carter's outlet at the Mills? THey have some super cute stuff (I spent some $$$$ there on Thurs, thankfully DH didn't want to execute me after that)...you may want to calla nd ask about their preemie selection before you contemplate driving all that way! :)
  • Janie and Jack is probably more than you want to spend, but if they have something on sale, it could be good.  Their stuff is really cute and they have preemie-sized things.
  • WalMart has preemie onesies that are very cute and well made. We never used them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I thought about that, but not sure I want to shop at their store again.  It's over an hour away, then if I had to return something (like I did the only other time I shopped there), it takes me forever to get back.  I wish they had a store in a regular mall (say So.Co?).
  • Do you have a Ross store near you? They (and TJ Maxx and Marshalls) have cute, affordable preemie clothes. Not a huge selection, but prob. enough for what you are looking for.

Also, do you have any decent consignment shops near you? Sometimes, their preemie clothes still have the original tags on them.

GL!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you checked your local MoMs club? My club has a suitcase of preemie stuff that we lend out to new members.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mommy to twin girls, Ashlyn & Fiona, born at 34 weeks due to vasa previa.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"