Georgia Babies

size 5 diapers..when did you switch?

So, Cadence has started having a leaky diaper at night. This has never happened until recently and we've had 3 recent incidents.

She is in size 4's and the weight limit says 37lbs..she is probably pushing 30lbs at this point but nowhere close to the weight limit. How much did your DC weigh when you moved up to 5's?

Or should I just do Huggies overnights for her since the 4's seem to be working during the day. Have those worked well for you? Thanks!

-Katie

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
DS-6
c/p- April 2016
missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

Re: size 5 diapers..when did you switch?

• I am actually wondering the same thing myself for the size 4 diapers.  P is no where near the 28 lbs limit on her size 3s, but they do seem small....
  • Jackson is about 25-28 pounds and still in a 4.  He wears regular size 4 Cruisers during the day and we just recently found Pampers Cruisers Extra Absorbency and he wears those at night.  They really do absorb more.  We got them at Target.
  • Loading the player...
  • Truthfully, I haven't really been going by the whole weight thing on the diapers as they don't take into account the height of the child.  Benjamin has been in size 5s for months now but he's still only a little over 25 pounds.  We actually just switched to size 6 at night because he started leaking through the 5s at night.  We've never had a problem using a diaper that was larger than his weight during the day.  Not sure if it's just a fluke with us or what but I just go by how it fits him and if they start leaving marks on his leg.
  • I think I am about  to switch Caroline to size 5's and she is around 27 lbs.  She never makes it close to the weight limit on the diapers before I have to switch her.  Size 4 fit her really good right now, but she is leaking out of them like crazy at night.  She is on the tall side too so I guess that factors in too for what size they need.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • I always switch when they get within 2 lbs of the next size for the smallest number.

So if the lbs for size five starts at 28lbs, I switch when Ridge is 26lbs.  I always figure safe than sorry. :) 

• I can never go by the weight with my kids.

Aerin (6 months and 17 lbs) wears size 3 during the day and size 4 at night

Alec (2 yrs old and 29 lbs) wears size 6 during the day and huggies overnight size 6 at night.  He was wearing 5s during the day at 18 months but always an overnight diaper at night.

I moved Alec to a 5 when he was around 27 lbs and than quickly moved him to a six.

• First of all, my opinion on those weight limits for diapers is that they are complete crap.  Gavin has never even come close to the weight limit before we had to move up.  We just switched to the Luvs 5's last month and so far we've had much better luck at night.  The Huggies 4s are a good middle of the road if you're not quite ready for the 5's.  We still have some of them and he hasn't had any leaks yet.  We have done the nighttime diapers b/c moving up a size always seems to do the trick.

• Well, I guess we will do overnights until we finish the 4's and then buy 5's. Dang! I hate getting less diapers in the box Stick out tongue

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• We have been in 5's for a while now.  No more leaks :) 

• Also, when we switched Alec to 5s, I started using the wal-mart brand diapers because they are so inexpensive and they work great!!  They are 1/2 the price of Huggies and Pampers.

We still always use a name-brand diaper at night.

• We always switch when he starts leaking at night.  The weight thing is never accurate, at least not for us.  He's in 6's day and night now and they supposedly start at 35 lbs-he weighs 34, but he's been in 6s for a while.  We may move up to 7s soon, at least at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"