Minnesota Babies

Anyone else not...

Is anyone else not using the infant seat other than for in the car?  My DH and I are going to be using an infant seat for the first time with DD#2.  We had a convertible seat for other DD.  

I ordered it online the other day and can't wait to get it.  I was only bummed we can't get it in the stores here. 

Part of our reason to get it is ease of transferring between both cars as we will be doing that a lot this time around due to school and work schedules.

I am getting a some slack over the fact that we won't be using a snap and go stroller, we won't be bringing it into Target,etc, and we won't allow DD to sleep in it other than in the car.   There are people who cannot believe we ever went out with DD without an infant seat.  

We purchased a stroller that has a bassinet- and also lies flat when used as regular stroller.  I have 2 different slings, and although I am not going to officially practice AP- I like the ease of a sling- hubby like the snugli. 

So- they can think I am weird- but truth be told, I am pretty boring and normal- except that I also cannot stand Pooh Bear ;) 

Re: Anyone else not...

• I was anti-baby bucket seat and wanted to go straight to a convertible. However DD was born in September and I knew a bucket seat would keep her warmer than a snowsuit. We used the bucket throughout the winter and as soon as the weather allowed, we switched to the convertible we're using now. She was also just starting to sit up around the same time so it was a lot easier to take her out of the carseat and have her ride in the cart at stores.

I didn't notice your ticker for age of your older DD, but if she was a newborn in the spring or summer I can see getting away with no bucket.

• DD #1 was an October baby, too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess I didn't even think of one vs. the other until you brought it up...We got a infant seat and two bases so that they could be transfered between DH and my car easier, plus we got the infant seat that you can use until they are either 32 lbs or 32 inches long...because we really didn't want to buy one seat and then have to buy another seat right away.  We don't have a snap in stroller thing either, ours lays flat so we just take DS out of his bucket and put him in the stroller.  We like the bucket seat idea at least for winter, then we don't have to be standing out in -20 weather trying to get him in a seat.
  • we only let her sleep in it rarely. although there were nights that she would only fall asleep after a drive, so if she fell asleep, we left her alone. But she was a VERY fussy baby until we figured out she was allergic to soy and had a dairy intolerance. We did what we had to do.

And please tell your DH to find a better carrier than the snugli. They're awful for your baby's spine and hips. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"