Cincinnati Babies

Laundry help

I dragged out all of the newborn clothes this weekend planning to wash everything and stock the baby's closet and dresser.  As I was going through everything, I noticed a few pieces -- of course some of the cutest ones -- have random yellow-ish stains on them.  I have seen this before on some of my own clothes and I think they're iron stains from our hard water.  I am really bummed about the baby clothes, though.

Obviously this stuff is delicate -- anyone have any suggestions on how to get this stuff out?  I really don't know what is safe to wash/soak them in to remove iron/rust stains but I really don't want to just pitch them.  The stains weren't there when I packed these things up 2 years ago, or I wouldn't have put them away.......any ideas?

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
imageimage
imageimage
The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler

Re: Laundry help

• Can you rub a little bit of CLR on them to see if that gets it out?  My other suggestions are bleach if it is white or a paste of OxyClean and water.  Also, BB&B has a new product (name escapes me) in a small bottle for $4 that they swear gets every stain known to man out of laundry.  I haven't tried it, but I am so tempted.  It is their featured product this month, and I have never bought one of the features that was not everything they say it is.  My only other suggestion is....a carpet stain removal product.  I have used Folex on laundry stains and they come right out.  Can you tell we get a lot of nasty stains?  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Try a little Shout.  I had some of Ryleigh's baby clothes that I was giving to a friend and they also had yellow stains in some places, I sprayed them with shout and then just washed in hot water and most of them came out looking brand new.  Also, if your afraid of the chemicals and what not for the baby, just do what you need to do to get the stains out and then wash again in whatever detergent you use for the baby clothes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I like oxyclean for things like that, I think they have a baby version, too.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Spray the spots with OxyClean and let them sit for a bit.  If they are still there after washing, let them sit outside in the sun.  That always works for me!
    ~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"