High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

? for ladies with GD

I am bringing a snack to our childbirth class and I know there are a few girls with GD. I thought I'd bring something GD friendly....any good snack suggestions?? TIA.

Re: ? for ladies with GD

• Options

Protein is the key to being able to eat carbs.

Cheese and crackers - heavy on the cheese. Especially nice if the carb count and serving size for the crackers is available. 

Veggies are good too - a regular veggie tray and dip or peanut butter and celery. Nuts.

A drink made with splenda if you're doing a drink too.

- Jena
  • Options

Great ideas from the above poster. Especially the splenda drink - people always bring wayyyy to sugary drinks that GD cant drink.

Just as important as it is to remember GD, it is important to remember allergies - i.e I would recommend AGAINST nuts and especially peanut butter. Yes, it is a great snack but you never know who in the class has allergies. For example, my husband would die if exposed to peanut butter, and wouldnt be able to eat any of the snack at all (because the celery or whatever would have been exposed to the PB).

Also wanted to say that by the time the snack comes around in my class, it's time for my evening snack anyway, so a bit of carbs is actually good. We had oatmeal chocolate chip cookes brought to my last class and they were delicious and a fine amount of carbs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"