Adoption

Profile book question

I am working on our profile book.  Should our cover picture be a picture of just me and DH, or should our son be in the photo too?  This might be a question for the agency, but I wanted your insight first.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Profile book question

• JMO but I would have a picture of the family. Definitely ask your agency.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would also say a picture of you, your husband and your son.

Unless your agency says otherwise.

• Loading the player...
  • As a BM, I would say your entire family so include your son.
  • I would say all of you.  I looked at a couple of books from other families that my attorney and the agency provided as examples and I distinctly remember one family that just had a picture of themselves (the couple) on the front.  I got through most of the book and assumed they were a childless couple.  Then, in the last 5 pages, they introduced their biological daughter! 

I thought it was so odd;  I felt like they tacked her on as an afterthought - I'm sure they adore her (she was a preemie from a very difficult pregnancy) and the story of her birth was quite moving.  But to find out so "late" in their story just seemed weird to me.

I could only imagine how that must have appeared to birthparents.  However, they had successfully adopted, so maybe it was only odd to me. . . Huh?

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks everyone.  I was hoping that it was appropriate to use a family photo, because it just seems unnatural not to.  Heck, if I thought it was possible, I would include the dogs in the picture too.  I only asked because I've seen several online profiles that picture the couple only.  The agency guidelines say that we should include a page on the other children in the family, but that the BMs are primarily interested in learning about the parents. 

ColoRXgirl--your comments were interesting.  DS was a preemie.  I wasn't planning to share much detail about his birth story though, because I'm not sure I want to talk much about the reason for his prematurity (I was diagnosed with cancer while pregnant).  Now I will have to think about this.

Thanks for your input everyone! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think a family picture is the way to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"