Baby Showers
Options

Work shower thank yous....

Some Co-Workers of mine threw me a baby shower last week, which was just so sweat and unexpected of them!!  And I was thinking instead of writing out thank you cards for each of them, I am going to make them some cookies with a little card attached to the bag with the poem:

"My Closet was empty, my belongings were few but that has all changed now thanks to you!"  

What do you guys think?  Can you think of any other cute sayings I could put use instead that? Something that is coming from me instead of just the baby?  Or do you think a simple "Thank You" would be enough with the cookies?    Or should I just write out the thank you cards for them.  I just cannot decide what to do.

Re: Work shower thank yous....

• Options
    I think you need to recognize the gift and the gift-giver individually.  If you are including cookies in the thank you to each person, then I think that's a nice extra.  But if you are just placing a plate of cookies in your lunch room with a sign for anyone, then I think that's not personal enough.
  • Options
    I am making each of them a bag with about  6 diffrent cookies in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did something similar for my word wedding shower and maybe I'm self-conscious, but looking back I feel bad. I always worry that people thought I was not grateful. This time around individual thank you cards are a must (even though most contribute to one group gift... so I'm thanking 40 people for the same thing or things).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

For my work shower I did individual thank yous for everyone.  Then I got small gifts for the 2 ladies who organized the shower.

I would do individual thank yous and then if you want to bring in a big tray of cookies for everyone with the poem that would be cute!

• Options

I think that's a great idea.  My work threw me a surprise baby shower where a large gift and a few smaller items were given to us jointly by everyone. 

Instead of writing them all individual thank yous, I wrote a general thank you note to everyone and posted it in the breakroom.  I brought in a cake for everyone to eat at work, and bags (just sandwich bags I tied with curling ribbon) of cookies for everyone to take home.  I emailed everyone telling them thanking them for the shower, and that since they were so "sweet" to me, I brought some "sweets" for them in the kitchen. 

It was a hit!  Two of my coworkers commented that it was the best "thank you note" they'd received.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageLeahBeah1212:

For my work shower I did individual thank yous for everyone.  Then I got small gifts for the 2 ladies who organized the shower.

I would do individual thank yous and then if you want to bring in a big tray of cookies for everyone with the poem that would be cute!

I did exactly this.

• Options
    if there was a grp gift one card is appropriate.  however, if you received any gidts outside of the grp gift, you need to write a thank you card to each person who gave you something at the shower
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"