Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Introduction and question

Hello everyone. I didn't know about this board until I got back onto the bump today. I want to say I am sorry for your loss too. I am sure we are all having difficulty with this information... I was told last monday that my pregnancy wasn't viable. I should be almost 11 weeks along now and the doctor told me the baby looked only 5 or 6 weeks. It has been a rough time but I do have to say I have been blessed with wonderful friends and family and a faith that keeps me going. 

My question is, why has nothing happened yet? I haven't had any cramping or bleeding. The doctor checked me again this monday and confirmed everything and didn't seem worried but I don't get how nothing has happened. Did this happen to anyone else? 

Re: Introduction and question

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss.  I had the same thing- no bleeding, no cramping, no change in pregnancy symptoms.  The ultrasound was a complete shock.  Very surreal, going from being pregnant to not pregnant so quickly.  Since my body wasn't figuring things out on its own I opted to take misoprostol to try to help things along and eventually needed a D&C, but some ladies have waited for a natural miscarriage.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I just wanted to say that I am really sorry you are going through this, and if you ever need to talk about what you are going through this is def the place to do it. The girls on this board are super supportive.

That being said, I went about 4 weeks from the time that the Dr think I lost the baby to the time I started to have mild cramping/spotting at a little over 10w. I was an absolute wreck emotionally when I had the u/s to see what was going on. I only measured at 6w.

When I talked to my Dr about my options she wasn't sure how long it would be until I miscarried and mentioned that it could be anywhere from days to weeks. I guess everyone's body is different and handles it in a different way. I elected to have a d&c because emotionally I just didn't think I could handle waiting. It was a personal decision, that's not right for everyone, but for me it gave me some closure.

I hope you find some comfort here and am sorry you are going through this.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

So sorry to see you here...

I was about 11 weeks 3 days when I began spotting..The ultrasound was measuring the baby to be at 6 weeks. It was actually just a sac, they said the fetus absorbed back into my body. Anyways that was Friday night, since I was already spotting they decided to let it try and happen naturally. It happened to pass tuesday night.It was painful, but I was glad to avoid a surgical procedure. But if you have no signs of any thing it might be best to opt for a D&C. But as anything you should just trust yourself to make the best decision for you...

• Options

First, I am so sorry for your loss.  DH and I found out at an 11 week ultrasound that the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks.  I felt like my body failed me-it should have known something was wrong but instead let me believe my baby was growing like it should.  It's frustrating--I felt like I was blindsighted.  I opted for the D&C and am glad I did.  I figured my body had 3 weeks to figure out something was wrong and didn't, so I took what little control I had over the situation. 

I hope this is over for you soon and am glad you have your friends, family, and faith to lean on.

• Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Its such a crappy thing to go through. My story is a lot like yours in that my baby stopped developing around 6 weeks and I found out at my first prenatal appointment (8w4d in). I didn't cramp or bleed either. I actually chose to wait a week and finally went ahead and scheduled a d&c. The "up" side (if you can even call it that) was that I recovered really quickly from my d&c and didn't bleed at all. AF showed up 5 weeks to the day, of my d&c. I will pray for you. Big HUGS to you!!
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I went in for a 9w u/s and they found my baby has stopped growing at 8w3d and had no hb at the time of the u/s.  I was given options to wait for it to happen naturally, use misoprotol (sp?) to induce the m/c or to have a d&c at the hospital or the dr's oddice.  Because my body wasn't recognizing I had lost the baby, I had no spotting or anything, I chose to have the d&c.  For me that was the best option.  If you do not want to wait for it to happen naturally you can ask your doctor what other options you have.  I am so sorry you have to make this decision.  Feel free to come to this board anytime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I began spotting at 7w6d with a brown discharge.  That went on until I was 9w1d and I began to see red blood.  At 9w3d I found out that there was a sac but no baby.  The sac dated at 5.5 weeks.  9w4d I used misoprostol to induce my miscarriage.  When I inserted the misoprostol vaginally, I was already bleeding heavily.  I firmly believe that I would have m/c'd naturally that day anyway, as I was passing blood clots less than 30 mins after inserting the misoprostol and it sounds like it normally takes a few hours to induce labor.  So I think that I would have naturally miscarried around 4 weeks after everything stopped growing.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    thank you so much ladies! I appreciate it and this board! Best of luck to you all!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"