High-Risk Pregnancy

Water didn't break at 34 weeks

I posted yesterday that I thought I had sprung a leak.  I decided to go get checked to make sure, and they did some tests.  One came back positive (the paper test) but it wasn't a strong positive, so they did a smear on a slide to look under the microscope.  That test came back negative.  So, they aren't sure why I got a + for the first test, but they didn't think I really have a leak.  While I was there I was found to have an "irritable uterus" though, but they couldn't give me terbutaline because my heart rate was already high (I was pretty nervous).  After a couple hours and drinking some water, they let me go home.  I really don't have any restrictions or anything - just supposed to take it easy the rest of the weekend.  I am oked to go to work Monday.  I am just really glad everything turned out ok, though I am a little embarrassed that my water didn't break and it was probably urine running down my leg.  Embarrassed  Ah, the joys of pregnancy!
Baby #1: 19 cycles, failed IUI, and 1 + IVF 3-5-07
Baby #2: 12 cycles, 1 failed FET, natural miracle but m/c at 9 weeks then another natural miracle that stuck! 9-30-09

TTC #3 - 4 cycles - no BFP yet!

Re: Water didn't break at 34 weeks

• Glad to hear that everything is ok with you & LO. Got to love pregnancy Smile
  • I went into labor at 36w5d and I had to chuckle a bit because the opposite happened to me....they did the paper test and it didnt change colors like it should so they got out another roll to makes sure and that one didnt change either and I was like well what is this liquid coming out of me then????? Then they did the slide test and it was was my water that broke.

I hope that everything goes well with you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"