Oregon Babies

H1N1 Vaccine

Has anyone heard about if we should be getting the vaccine? I am hearing on the news that pregnant women should get it but I really worry about putting a vaccine in my body while pregnant?  Any thoughts?  I am 7 weeks along!

Re: H1N1 Vaccine

• I was really pushed to get a Flu Vac. but refused!  And then ended up getting the flu SOOO bad!  I have never been so sick or felt so terrible in my life.  If it were that bad to take while you were preg, they probably wouldn't try so hard to get you to take it.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I don't generally take the flu vaccine but I took it last year bc DD was so young. The H1N1 vaccine is just like the normal flu vaccine except with a different strand of the flu. I don't see why it would be bad to take it if you normally take the flu vaccine.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also never got a flu shot because I thought they would end up making me get the flu or feel crappy.  I ended up  getting the flu this year though and when you get the REAL influenza it is NO joke.  I will be getting the flu shot this year and the H1N1 as soon as I talk to my doctor about them.  Honestly, I think getting the flu while pregnant, especially the swine flue, would be a lot worse than anything that the vaccine might do.....
  • imagenewlywed827:
    I also never got a flu shot because I thought they would end up making me get the flu or feel crappy.  I ended up  getting the flu this year though and when you get the REAL influenza it is NO joke.  I will be getting the flu shot this year and the H1N1 as soon as I talk to my doctor about them.  Honestly, I think getting the flu while pregnant, especially the swine flue, would be a lot worse than anything that the vaccine might do.....

IT IS!!! TRUST ME!!!  I will probably be getting them this year as much as I want to fight it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I'll do it.  Its too risky while I'm pregnant and have a little one at home. I'll have DH get the H1N1 and flu shot this year as well.

• I've never had a flu shot, but do planning on getting one this year. 

• Okay ladies, so I've done some research and it's looking like the vaccine is a must for those of us expecting and luckily we are first on the list to recieve the vaccine.  The problem- not available until early October!!!  So, I guess be extra vigilant not to get sick, wash you hands all the time, etc.  I teach elementary school- and not only that, I'm at an elementary school that was closed last year for a week because of the swine flu!!  Yikes, this is scary!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"