High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone on prometrium (progesterone) during 1st trimester?

I am on 100mg of prometrium 3 times a day (intravaginally)...  I think until I get to like 13 weeks or so... anyone else on it?  If so what dosage and how long do you have to take it.  What side effects if any are you having? Why did you doctor put you on it?

I have had 2 m/c's and diagnoised with MTHFR so I am also on Lovenox.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone on prometrium (progesterone) during 1st trimester?

• Options

Earlier this year I was taking prometrium once daily before bedtime (intravaginally) but that only delayed my miscarriage. Currently I am taking progesterone (oil-based) shots once a week. My dr said she had better results from the injection than the suppositories. She said there was better absorption of it. I've been taking it for the past 3 weeks and the only negative that I've experienced is that I wasn't warned when they were going to stick me with the needle and I jumped and it went in further and left a lovely sore lump on my butt check for the past two weeks. 

As for side effects, I get overheat faster than when I was not on it, my nausea is more prominent. I have PCOS and its helped slow down facial hair growth ... oh how I love chin hair. lol Right now that's all I can think of.

The reason I was put on it was that I had 2 previous m/c's, both blighted ovums. She wanted to give my uterus some extra support. I trust her more than the dr I had the last time who didn't really listen to, lectured me a lot and when I miscarried could care less about me and her staff acted the same. It was like jekyll and hyde there. 

• Options

I was on 200mg of Prometrium suppositories twice daily up until 13wks (when I was told the placenta would take over progesterone production). I am also on Lovenox (40mg) daily due to Low Protein C levels and history of miscarriages. I was also told that I would be put back on Prometrium in the late 3rd trimester...(thanks for reminding me, I need to ask when)

I did not notice any side effects that I couldn't pinpoint on the pregnancy itself (fatigue and headaches)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've never been pg and not taken it. I was going to an RE so my progesterone levels were tested early and often. They weren't as high as he wanted, so I took the suppositories. I don't remember the dosage at all, but my first pg my levels didn't go up enough so I ended up having to double it. This time I never had to up the dosage. Both times I took it until 13 weeks. I also took it on one cycle where I had an IUI but got a BFP.

My side effects were the normal pg symptoms, just increased - sore boobs, nausea/morning sickness.

- Jena
  • Options
    I was on both prometrium and lovenox (still on the lovenox) in 1st tri. I took 100 mg prometrium in the morning, 200 mg at night orally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"