TTC after 35

Intro and Question

Hi Ladies--I have been lurking for a while, and now that we've hit the 1-year mark of TTC, I figured it was time to come out of hiding.

Quick background info:  I am 35 (36 in two months).  We've had two IUIs so far, the second of which with 50mg clomid.  I finally convinced myself to test this morning at 15dpiui (I hate seeing that stark-white stick, so I usually just wait for AF to arrive), and got a BFN. 

My normal luteal phase is 12 days, but this is my first cycle taking progesterone suppositories, so I wondered whether the progesterone was delaying AF.  Has anyone had any experience with this, and if so, how long after you stopped taking progesterone did AF arrive?  

Thanks in advance for your help.  This board seems great and I look forward to participating more now that I have de-lurked. 

Re: Intro and Question

• Welcome & Good Luck!

Tuesday night was my last progesterone sup, I am spotting now, AF will most likely be in full force by this afternoon....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to the board!

It usually takes me a few days after stopping the progesterone to get AF.  If I've had my blood test already, it's kind of nice because I know I can have wine on those days.  :-) 

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck!

I haven't taken progesterone so can't help with the question.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, ladies.  Going to go try to get my mind off of the BFN with some retail therapy.  Hope everyone has a good day! 
  • QE2QE2 member
    Hello and welcome, Perry. I don't have any experience with progesterone suppositories, but did the injections. I didn't get AF until 3 days after stopping the injections. Good luck!
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just popping in to say Hi and Welcome. Not sure about the prog.
  • Just wanted to say welcome!  No experience with progesterone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"