Multiples
Options

Glider Recommendations for Twins...?

Hi Everyone, I'm looking to buy a glider and am wondering what companies and styles you have had success with.  I'd like a glider with NO exposed wood (so it looks like a regular single sofa), something that can be easily cleaned, and has the option of removable slipcovers.  Any suggestions for gliders you've liked?  Also, I've read that a glider is not useful for MoMs as it's not wide enough and as a result, a loveseat might be more helpful.  Any thoughts?Thanks for the advice! 

Re: Glider Recommendations for Twins...?

• Options
    The advice we got was to get a lazy boy type chair that is both a rocker and a recliner. ?Also, we were told that leather would be best for cleaning, so we are planning to do that. ?
  • Options
    Not sure if you like any of their selections, but just as a heads up, Babies R Us has all of their glider and ottoman combinations currently on sale. I believe the sale is for another few weeks (9/17?). HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is a really good question. I hope there are some good responses because I've been wondering the same thing. Is there any point to even getting a glider if you plan to bf?
  • Options

We are getting a rocker/recliner from Best Chairs (obviously we'll choose a different fabric/pattern).  I like it because it's pretty wide, and super comfortable.

https://www.besthf.com/bcpublic/productCatalog.do?catalogType=JU&option=productDetailItem&selectedCategory=RC&selectedStyle=&selectedItemNumber=5MW35

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We bought a microfiber LazyBoy rocker/recliner 2 years ago thinking that we'd get PG right away. Its been a great chair and I think it will be wonderful with two because the arms are so padded and almost pillowy. My mom is currently watching my nephew who is 4 months and my niece who is 2 months, and she says her LazyBoy is a lifesaver when both babies are wanting to be snuggled and rocked at the same time.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We opted to not go with a traditional glider from the baby stores because 1) I didn't think it would be big enough to tandem nurse in and 2) What do you do with it after???

Soooo... We bought a normal livingroom style Rocker/Recliner. Leather would have been the best idea, but we didn't find one that matched our other leather so we went with microfiber and had it scotchguarded really well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekimarino13:

We are getting a rocker/recliner from Best Chairs (obviously we'll choose a different fabric/pattern).  I like it because it's pretty wide, and super comfortable.

https://www.besthf.com/bcpublic/productCatalog.do?catalogType=JU&option=productDetailItem&selectedCategory=RC&selectedStyle=&selectedItemNumber=5MW35

We are getting a best chair, storytime series, glider/recliner also.  DH and I went today to pick out the fabric. 

Also Pottery Barn Kids have gliders ( a little more expensive) but I know that their chairs, each piece of fabric is a tailor made silpcover just for that glider so in the future if you want to just order another fabric you can just order the slipcover.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"