High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

inconsistent glucose readings?

i tested 2 hrs after dinner last night and was at 76!  i thought that it must be wrong so tested again and got 103.  that really confused me, so i did one more (my poor fingers!) and got 113!  wtf?   i jsut recorded the middle number.

i can't really call my dr until monday....any thoughts?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: inconsistent glucose readings?

• Options
    I have no logical explanation for this and neither do my Dr.'s. I always retest when I get a crazy reading and it's always different. I have learned to accept it. If it doesn't happen often then your Dr. will probably brush it off.
  • Options

I would run the control solution on the machine.

I actually have 2 machines - the same brand, so it uses the same strips and everything. ?When this happens, I test using both machines. ?But I agree, it KILLS my fingers!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do you swab your finger with alcohol before you test?  I do, and sometimes I might get a wacky low reading if I don't let it dry all the way.  Also, I find that I get different readings on different fingers.  Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to it.  I'll usually restest once or twice (alternating fingers) if I get a really wacky high or low number.

Sara :)

Proud Mommy to Elliott 7.24.07 & Oliver 9.1.09 Our Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have have had type 1 diabetes for 20 years and I hate to say it but this happens often... not too drastically but it has happened.  I agree that you should try the test solution on the meter to make sure it is running correctly.  GL and if your fingers get too painful, try use bag balm.  Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"