TTC after 35
Options

Acupuncture

Just an FYI.  My husband and I tried for 4 years to get pregnant.  We did artificial insemination and IVF.  A friend of mine also tried for years with IVF.  She went to acupuncture and the next IVF cycle became pregnant with twins.   I decided to go as well and after going to acupuncture during my IVF cycle, I am now almost 30 weeks pregnant with twins. 

Just wanted to pass it along.  There is a "formula" the acupuncturist uses for infertility.  Most IVF centers offer this as well.

Good luck!

Re: Acupuncture

• Options

I've also read that acupuncture is a good thing during IVF cycle.. but my question for you..is when did you start it? did you go once a week?? or?? I also understood that it's good to go around the day of your egg retrieval & then when their inseminated (sp-sorry!)

Just curious to hear your experience. Thanks,

IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
  • Options
    I started a few months prior to IVF.  They schedule the frequency and dates around ovulation and your IVF schedule.  We also had the acupuncture before egg retrieval and prior to insemination.  It's worth it and my insurance covered it!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That's wonderful news that you're pregnant with twins, congrats. Just my personal opinion, but i wouldn't tout acupuncture as the be all and end all. I tried acupuncture after TTC for more than a year and prior to starting fertility treatments. I did wind up getting pg the cycle that I tried acupuncture - but I had a miscarriage.

I wound up getting pg  and having my DD with my first IVF cycle - and with no acupuncture treatment. I think acupuncture is great for people that want to try it as a supplement to get relaxed, etc. but I wouldn't hail it as a fix for infertility. I know I was among one of the many women out there that was so desperate to get pg and tried everything in the book (raspberry tea leaves, pineapple core, acu, etc.) and I think what works for one does not work for all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"