Stay at Home Moms
Options

Working From Home

I have two sets of twins and I would have had 4 sets however we have lost three children... I was working in the "business world" in fact as a certified paralagal and once we found out that we were having twins again...I decided to stay at home... My mom was watching Good Morning America one morning and saw a work at home company and by this time we were like EVERYONE ELSE lol  we had tried them all.... and they were all SCAMS!! Something just told me to do it and that was back in 2005 and I have been doing it ever since... Its my conpany and I am the owner in fact we  went from having 3 employees to having over 100... everything is great!! I LOVE IT and I can be with my children anytime I want and I can work when I want etc... I know it sounds great!! AND it is for most... Just not sure whats wrong with me???? I LOVE It and I have been doing it for SO Long... We just became eligible to go nationwide and I was all excited... Dont get me wrong I will NEVER leave my company or close it but I just wish sometimes I was back out there in the "outside" world so I could get out with other adults and have a different environment... Is this odd? Do other moms that work from home get this feeling after some time??

Re: Working From Home

• Options

Can I please ask how you got into working at home?  I want to make extra money and be with my son.  I do work part time right now and I think it is just enough interaction with other people that I don't go completely nuts. 

• Options
    cowboy- please note that her only other posts are trying to sell her wedding things on the nest and then posting about her company. take caution.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageStacyc625:
    cowboy- please note that her only other posts are trying to sell her wedding things on the nest and then posting about her company. take caution.

Thanks for the heads up ;) 

• Options

This has scam written all over it.

" I would have 4 sets of twins" ugh...sure you would.

"It's MY business and I heard about it on TV"...bull-dookie.

No successful business can survive on part-time "work when you want" type attention. I own my own legit business and starting it and keeping it afloat the first year was a MORE than full-time job.

Wake up, girls. You cannot have it all. You cannot work a full-time job at home and still be with your kid 100%. Something has to give. I know the pull to stay home. I do stay home. Now that my business has gotten comfortable and I'm better at the paperwork aspect, I can relax a bit. But, if this post is true and she's running her own business with 100 employees that she heard about on TV...there is no way she can just "work when she wants" and still be successful.

It just doesn't work that way.

• Options

i love how your company's website- actually says that you can visit the bbb.com -

LMAO-

first of its the BBB.org

number two- no mention of you on Good Morning America

three- there is NO MENTION of what your company actually DOES- and what a 'work at home' position entails.

four- no contact number, no address (i had to pull you on the BBB to get that information- it is not listed on your company website)

five- i checked you on the BBB- you are not an accredited business

six- Do people really pay you money to take a test- without knowing what they would be doing????

• Options

I wish that I had the interaction with someone above the age of 8 but I dont get to often... However, in regards to your question My mother was watching Good Morning America one day and saw this company and I tried it and it was real and I have been doing it since 2005. I am more than happy to tell you how you can do it on your own or if you would like to join a company such as mine... I dont mind helping other moms stay at home with thier children I feel that God made us mothers for a reason and what better then to stay with your kids the complete time???

Feel free to email me and I can call you or whatever is best for you... Some people decide to go own thier own and work directly for this major company which you can do too!!

I know there is lots of scams but this is not and its nice to have this luxary.

• Options

Stacyc625

That is because I was getting married and it was cancelled for reasons I dont feel need to be shared... I didnt know anything about the nest until a neighbor of mine told me and I had mentioned to her about the Knot which is what I was familiar with .... That is the ONLY reason you see that. Now that I know about the nest there will be LOTS of other posts however after seeing how rude people are on here when ALL I was doing was asking for advice and not having to defend myself, my company or my family... this is CRAZY!!

• Options

So Long Astoria,

YES, I would have had four sets of twins.. My husband and I (Let me just clarify because everyone picks EVERY comment apart... my first husband) we had a set of twins in 2001 (boy and girl who are now 8) and we had a set of twins in 2003 (our son didnt make it and our daughter is 6) and then a set of twins in 2004 when we had an IUD and we lost both of them and lastly a set of twins in 2006 (boy and girl who just turned 3) YES it happens... We are very fertile in fact we helped a couple we know who couldnt have children and became an egg donor. God has blessed us with children and now days people are either jelous or think that its a bad thing to have so many children...

My MOTHER heard about the company on Good Morning America and I contract with that company and started my own company which you can do either... Working directly with them or starting your own company. I felt that other mothers should be able to do this so I started my own!! So YES THIS IS MY Company and I heard about the company from the TV and they are over me...

I work 24-7 and this is why I would LOVE outside life with other adults... I am ALWAYS working because it is hard to keep my business running without me but I do have a VP, A regional Manager and a admissions director.... We offer part time and full time when I first started and I had no employees but it was just me before I began the "business process" I worked full time... One of our requirements is that you MUST work a min. of 15-20 hours a week depending on which company you work for and what their contract says.

AND YES IT does work that way because I have people who work under me and I work 24-7 because if someone needs help or something goes wrong I am the first person they call... I do work for a company myself doing online chat (customer service) and my kids can be here and are!! IT IS REAL and you CAN DO IT!! Check it out before you start talking about people business... just beceause you think its too good to be true doesnt mean its fake!! Remember we all have to answer for what we say and do and I dont know about you but I was raised in the South and you dont talk about someone regardless of what you may think... if you dont know you should not say anything at all!!

I have been BLESSED to be with my kids and I am thankful EVERY day to be here... in fact my children are here now... One is asleep, three are watching Barney on demand in the living room and the other is reading a book while I am in my office... I go to work tonight at 8pm and I am only working for a couple of hours tonight and I posted these hours so I could work when I want... And your right I dont have 100 employees I have 121 on payroll right now..

Lastly, I do well for myself and I have worked very hard!! I am successful and it CAN happen.. It does work that WAY!!

Thank you

• Options

First of all I didnt create my website and I was unaware of that message... Again I didnt post my site for anyone to look at as I was not trying to advertise however I do want to thank you and will have my regional manager make the adjustment.

LMAO That is "real classy" actually sincerly that is rude!!

#1 Again Thank you!

#2 There is a mention of us on Good Morning America however its not our company name its the company we contract with and we have to protect our contract with them so we dont list this on our site. With that being said it does say let us prove it to you and we can give you the links so you would have seen where it is and what all it says!!

#3 We do have limited info on our site and there is a link to contact us and from there you are sent additional information on what our company is all about and from there you can make your decision whether this is the company for you.

#4 We have a contact form once again and from there you are provided with further info. We are located in GA however just became acredited throughout the nation so we are not use to listing that info... Not to mention this isnt something we like to just give to "anyone". If you had submitted an online form you could talk to someone personally upon request as we are not declining to.

#5 We are not accrediated however the company we work with (contract with) that allow us the ability to service other clients IS... and we can give you that info when inquiring!! We are REAL and NICE moms who are happy to help any mom who is intersted and we think that its a great opportunity to be able to help others stay at home with thier children.

#6 NO, You do NOT pay to take a test... You MUST take an assesssment test and this is FREE this is through the website that we contract for and if you do not pass you are not able to service however its not easy typically 3 out of every 5 fail and if you fail you can not reapply for at least 180 days. You MUST do a background check because you are dealing with companies that you may have to get credit card info or customers social security number etc and we can not just hire anyone... this is a tax write off and you pay the US Government background search this DOES NOT go to us.... Then you pay for training which right now they are offering 50% off and this does NOT GO to US either it goes to the company we contract with and when being hired you get a handbook and are more familiar with what we do who we do it for and we are working under etc.. There is a LOT of info... Once you train you can work there for 40 years and never have to re train... I had to train as well as each of us have to. I didnt believe it either nor did I think that you should have to pay but ITS TRUE and on several sites including Clark Howard it does say that this company is LEGIT even though they make us pay for training. Our job is to help our agents and guide them and be sure that they have help each step of the way and I have to say that we have the BEST group of agents in the US!!

I would have to say that I regret posting trying to find other moms who may feel the way I do because had I had known I would be defending myself and my family I would have refrained!! Take Care

• Options

yes- again. even  your answers are shady. Glad that it is working out for you. truly. however- i won't be paying money for your assessment. lol

and having 'limited information' about what the actual job *IS*... (wait for it).... SHADY. No- people shouldn't have to fill out a 'contact me' with all of their information to SIMPLY FIND OUT WHAT THE JOB IS and what the company does. Not good business practice.

• Options
    Sounds like a sketchy sales pitch. Maybe she got suckered into it and the only way she can make money is to sucker other people into it. Warning: If the company does not 100% clearly state exactly what it is they do right up front, it's not legit. You shouldn't have to contact anyone to find out what the big secret is. As most people on this forum know, I never say anything negative, but this just makes me really upset that people are trying to scam stay at home moms into believing that they will be rolling in money and living the American Dream with some shady deal. Similar to what a pp said, when you work from home and own your own legitimate business that earns you a real income, it's HARD WORK. It's a juggling act. It takes lots and lots of hours and dedication. There's no magic potion.
  • Options

AGAIN, You do NOT pay for an assessment!!! I am not asking for you or anyone else to apply however I am very successful in my company and your opinion is just that. We are not being "shady" or however you would like to call it. I find worse then good business bad morals and disrespect to individuals you do not know. We have a contract that only allows us to provide limited info and that is what we do on our site. For those people who are interested they do contact us and they are given more then enough info.

Just about EVERY company you call from home and talk to customer service.... They are probably out of thier home. I serivce AT&T chat online and I do this from my office which is in my home with my 5 children!! That is just one of the MANY companies that you can service. I am not keeping anything from anyone I am doing my job by keeping my contract with the company that is over me. Again Take care!!

• Options

cp760,

Maybe you should read all of the posts and also check out the site even though I did not provide that info I am sure you too can figure out the site. However, I did NOT come on here to promote, advertise, or anything related. I am ONLY defending myself to comments that were made when someone had to talk negative about others. I was raised to defend myself and to be as moral and lady like as possible and that is what I am trying to do. I NEVER said it was easy and its NOT. NONE of my agents would tell you that its easy and I even say in our site that you will NOT BE RICH this is just a job opportunity that will allow you to make the same amount of money at home that you would outside of the home be have the luxary of being with your children. Nobody is trying to scam anyone out of anything. I did not come on here asking for people to apply for a company.. We are always hiring but I am just fine with the great quality of agents we have. I am a great mom and I am very blessed. I do NOT make my money off of hiring people on board, In fact I have to make sure I have enough management to help each new agent coming on board. This is not Avon or Mary Kay or any of those its not a Pyamrid We do not make money off each other. I am also not objecting to giving anyone any information. Our site says what we do!!! We provide customer service, tech support, and or sales for fortune 500 companies, We MUST keep thier names private as respect to them and also according to our contract.

We have given plenty of information. Our contact form is JUST for people who want to apply or think that they would be a great fit for our positions. Nobody said there is a magic potion and I dont believe that. A good bit of our agents were not hired on to service other companies because they thought since they were working from home there were no rules or standards and that is false information. You still have to have discipline and you are expected to do what your contract states. We direct deposit twice a month and most companies pay hourly.

If anyone had any questions they could contact us and any one of my management team would be glad to help.

• Options

Again- another lengthy post with no relevant information- just like your website.

• Options
    You are extremely rude and I will be praying for you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"