Two Under 2

Two highchairs?

We're slowly putting a registry together for baby#2. Basically for the grandparents and for ourselves to keep track of things we need (and for the discount).

DS will be a little less than 14 months when DD is born. So I'm thinking that he will be about 18 months when we will be putting DD in a highchair for solids. Will he still be eating in a highchair? or do kids stop using those at a certain point.

Thanks!!

Re: Two highchairs?

• DS still uses the highchair at home but when we travel to Grandparents he is using a booster. We won't be buying a second highchair. I would recommending getting a booster.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I moved my kids to boosters at 18 mos, so I think you'll be ok.  If anything, I'd register for a booster with a tray if you don't already have one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto. I'd get a booster.
  • Do you have a Bumbo?  That's what we used with DS for the first few months he started solids.  I bet we used it until he was 8 months old.  So we're figuring that should buy us enough time to get #1 out of the highchair and into a booster.
  • I highly recommend a reclining booster.

Love it much more than my high chair and it makes the space issues in the dining area much more manageable.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • I always used the FP Space Saver high chair when my girls needed the tray.  As soon as they were able/big enough, we had them right at the table.  My older DD was in that chair until I needed it for my younger DD and then I bought a booster seat that has a seat belt and it worked great.  My 17 1/2 month old has been in a booster seat for a few months now - she hated the high chair type seat and wanted to be like her big sis.  They both have regular booster seats now with no seat belt.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • I had a booster for C...well when the baby went into the Space Saver, C had to be in it as well so I ended up buying another...so don't count on them actually letting the baby sit in THEIR chair...it was 3 weeks of fights and meal time was hell.

• Honestly at 18 months your DS should be able to sit at the table with a booster seat.  We moved DD#1 into the booster at 18 months but we did it earlier with DD#2 b/c she wanted to be close to sissy and she was only 13 months and she did just fine.  I was so happy to pack that highchair away for at least a year :)  GL!
  • Fisher price makes a fantastic booster seat with a tray. ?Its portable but also I switched DD to it at 15 months just because easier to clean etc. ? I probably will keep her in it until 2.5 honestly. ?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageshunt1983:
    Fisher price makes a fantastic booster seat with a tray.  Its portable but also I switched DD to it at 15 months just because easier to clean etc.   I probably will keep her in it until 2.5 honestly.

I agree with this. At least I think the one we have is made by Fisher Price. We switched to it a while back too (around 14 months maybe), because DS was doing so well with sitting at the table, and it is MUCH easier to clean than his high chair was. He has been in it for months now, so I don't see it being a problem when DS #2 has to use the highchair in a few months. My boys are the same age difference that yours will be - a little less than 14 months apart.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"