Stay at Home Moms

what to do with all my old magazines

I have a stack of old Home decor style magazines.  They are glossy so I don't think my city's recycling will take them.  I don't really want to throw away but they are cluttering up my house.  Any ideas what to do with them?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what to do with all my old magazines

• Donate them to a doctors office?

See if there is a women's shelter in the area that might want them? 

• post an add on your local freecycle or craigslist
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Donate to your library.

My library sells them for at quarter a piece and uses the money to buy more books.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Donate them to a public school. They use them for collages and such.
  • Most libraries will take them to resell.

Also, I donate mine to a local home and school for mentally challenged adults. They love magazines, but they get torn up fast so they go through a lot of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They're sure nice to look through at the Red Cross while giving blood!
  • Wow, those are all GREAT ideas! I have a ton of old magazines too. I was starting to just throw them out, but now I think I'll take them to some of the places listed.
  • imagecp760:
    Wow, those are all GREAT ideas! I have a ton of old magazines too. I was starting to just throw them out, but now I think I'll take them to some of the places listed.

Ditto!  I'm so glad so many replied with such awesome ideas, I have stacks and stacks of awesome magazines that I love to flip through and can't stand to throw away.  Thanks, ladies!!!  :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"