Pregnant after 35
Options

I'm in love!!!

... with this coat!!  I have no idea if it's available in the US, but there is an online retailer!

https://www.themcoat.com/

Anyway, with the sometimes harsh winters up here, I've been contemplating what to get and this seems to be the answer that I'm looking for.

Just thought I'd share :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm in love!!!

• Options
    That is a cute coat!  Too bad its shorts weather practically year round here Sad
  • Options

Lol.

Usually posts about stuff like that make me go "Darn! Can't get anything in Canada" but low and behold, it's actually a Canadian product and you are in Alberta!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is really nice!  One site listed the price at $480.00 (Canadian) though, so it's a bit pricey for my budget.  I applaud the innovative style though.  Much more fashion-forward than most maternity coats I've seen.
  • Options

I want that coat! I NEED that coat!

Seriously, though, I really do. Smileygirl, have you tried it on? Does it run big or small? And is it really almost $500.?

I can't seem to find it for sale online, but I'll bet my mom would go and pick one up for me. She lives in Toronto. We're also only 2 hours from Ottawa (upstate NY)..

Hmm.. Now I'm scheming about how to get that coat..  Thanks for posting such a great link!

2012 Races: Mar 24: Great Human Race 5K. April 28: 5K for Fitness
  • Options

Ok, which color do I want? I'm serious. It comes in a few light colors (white/pink) and those won't work for me - I have a messy kid. I don't like the red or purple, but I do like the pea green, the hot chocolate, and the black ones.

Which do you think is best? green, brown, or black?

• Options
    Oooooh!  Canadian!  It makes me almost sorry that I'm due before winter comes!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Hey Julia...

Nope, I haven't had the chance to try it on yet.  Just remembered about it this am while contemplating my Dec due date. There is a sizing chart on there though.  I'm hoping that my local store will get in in sometime before the snow flies so I can try it.

I agree about the colors.. I'm thinking Hot Chocolate, but I also love the purple one.  If I use it for more than one pregnancy I don't want to end up hating the colour that I chose.

It's expensive - I'm well aware!  In fact, one of the reasons that I'm looking for part time work is so that I can justify spending that much.  But it's just as functional after baby as well.  DH is like: go for it, but I'm much more conservative when it comes to spending on myself.

• Options

Thanks, Smileygirl!

I almost bought it today. I found one online for $385 in Hot Chocolate - they have M and L left from last year.

Anyway, I'm going to wait to see if they come out with new colors or design features in the 2009 model. I figure August is too soon to be buying down coats! I would also like to try it on, and I know that I can get to Toronto or Ottawa in the next couple of months.

Whereabouts in Alberta are you? I lived in Edmonton for 5 years, and I know how cold those Alberta winters get. I think you might need a good down coat!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"