Baby Showers
Options

location ideas?

Because of recent family drama, the location of my baby shower will not be at it's current location (grandparents' house). Any ideas on where to throw a baby shower where the guest list might be 30+ people (DH has a HUGE family).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: location ideas?

• Options
    Banquet Hall... they have special pricing for Sunday and Saturday afternoon showers.  In Miami is very common for each person attending to pay for the "plate" or the meal, which covers the costs of the baby shower.
  • Options
    ... also the plus side is you don't have to worry about food, drinks or even salon decoration since everything is included.  The only thing you  have to put is the favors.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

A VFW or maybe a local park?

• Options

imageVannGod:
    Banquet Hall... they have special pricing for Sunday and Saturday afternoon showers.  In Miami is very common for each person attending to pay for the "plate" or the meal, which covers the costs of the baby shower.

Banquet Hall is a good idea, although the guest paying for their own meal is crazy! I've never heard of such a thing.  The host(s) should pay for the food for everyone.  Also, consider calling around some local restaurants that might have a private room you can use.

• Options
    Yeah I hate having people pay their own way + bring a gift, I just feel bad about it, but we didn't have anywhere else to do it, and everyone here in Miami does it like that too.  I've gone to like 5 baby showers and in 4 I had to pay.
  • Options
    How about a coffee shop? Many have conference rooms and the host could just buy coffee and pastries for everyone? Make sure to have it at a non meal time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"