Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

PIP: Need green/white/pink nursery help (clicky poll!)

OK, here is the very start of my nursery. 

To the left of the photo is the hanging white butterfly chandelier from PBK, this one.

As you can see, the wall decal butterflies are white, and the curtains are white sheer.

DH really wants to put plain white painted letters on the wall of her name, which is Allison.

This seems like too much white to me.  I feel like the room needs some color, so I have two options.  I can either put something else other than letters over the wall, maybe 2-3 white framed pictures of some kind of pink artwork...or I can do pink curtains instead of the white.  I would get these curtains, light pink with white daisies.

[Poll]

Re: PIP: Need green/white/pink nursery help (clicky poll!)

• Options
    You could do the pink curtains over the shears you already have up and that will offset putting her name over the crib. HTH! :)
  • Options

I would suggest doing both also (if it fits in the budget).  I think that doing a mix of frame colors (white and pink) with a mix of different color mats in the frames (white frame with a pink mat and a flower/butterfly picture and then pink frame with white mat and a flower/butterfly picture inside) would look fabulous over the crib.  Or you could even cut out her name from scrapbook paper and then frame each letter of her name and hang it above her crib.  That would look super cute as well. 

Then I like what pp have said about doing the white sheers with the pink/daisy curtains over that.  I think that would look so precious in the room.  

HTH!!! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the idea of the white letters over the crib.  Your wall color is so nice, the white letters will look really classic over the crib!  So far it's gorgeous!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i would do both. and could you paint the wall letters light pink too? that is if you want more pink.
    Mom to 2 healthy boys, and a baby girl in Heaven. Heard her heartbeat on 7/18, heartbeat was gone on 7/20. Miss you forever.
  • Options
    I'd keep the white sheers, add pink curtains and pink artwork
  • Options

I think it looks great. What color did you use on the walls? I love the frame idea.

• Options

Both, add pink curtains either panels or a roman shade type curtain, or a pink valance all with keeping the white curtains.

Then add the pink letters, you could do pink letters with white just on the edges like an outline or do pink and white striped letters, pink and white polka letters, etc. Or hang white artwork frames with pink ribbons... etc.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options
    Our nursery is very similar (grey walls, espresso furniture and pink accents).  We did pink curtains and I'm also doing silver frames with pink artwork in them to bring some more pink in the room.    I'm also using pink baskets under our changing table (we have the same one as yours) and in the bookshelf to bring in more pink. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Combine your two ideas. Get white shadowboxes or frames, and put a pink background in them with letters in a darker pink, or maybe a pink and white pattern.

We're using these letters. https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2607146 The colors we picked stand out from the wall so I'm not putting them in frames, but I think they'd be totally adorable in some white frames. :)

Have fun with it!

• Options
    I voted curtains I'm just not sure about the daiseys. You dint want too many patterns.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"